Parent and Family Engagement Manager
Job ID: 268376About Us
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Supports the University's Parent and Family Engagement program and focuses on developing philanthropic engagement of Parent and Family Programs (PFL). Supports PFL programs and initiatives. Responsible for engagement and stewardship of parent and family donors and creates awareness of available involvement opportunities to include the Giving Society, Parent and Family Weekend, KSU Giving Day, and the KSU Brick Program. Serves on the Constituent and Engagement Team.
1. Assists in developing and implementing strategies for Parent and Family programs to engage philanthropically as volunteers and in future programs such as KSU Giving Day, Regional Freshman Send-offs and a Parent and Family Grant Program
2. Responsibilities for new programming initiatives may include event planning, marketing, logistics, assessment, and/or assisting in developing, monitoring and managing budgets
3. Assists with social media and Owl Family Hub communication process
4. Manages the Parent and Family Giving Society including the cultivation and stewardship of donors to the Parent and Family Fund
5. Manages the KSU Commemorative Bricks program including the promotion, purchasing, and placement of bricks on both campuses
6. Provides support for other divisional priorities and initiatives beyond the scope of the department, as requested
7. Assists in identifying Leadership and Major Gift donors
8. Promotes opportunities for parents to engage with KSU including but not limited to the FLIGHT program and Constituent Engagement events and programs
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field.
Three (3) years of related work experience.
Preferred Educational Qualifications
An advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
Experience working in Advancement, Student Activities, Leadership Development, or other higher education areas involving annual giving, student affairs, program planning and/or volunteer management
The budgeted salary range is $48,180 to $62,000. Offers are based on relevant experience.
Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Demonstrated ability to think strategically and actively contribute to the creation and implementation of short and long-range department goals
Able to creatively problem solve and independently initiate and develop action plan for addressing identified issues
Able to establish and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with key campus stakeholders
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette