Workforce Intelligence Specialist
The Workforce Intelligence Specialist will report directly to the Vice President of Professional and Continuing Education and be responsible for workforce and industry research. This work includes developing, maintaining, and refining tools for identifying industry and market needs, workforce gaps, and other industry insights to support the work of Credential Rich Pathways (CRP) and Workforce Education Solutions. Conducts research, monitors credential outcomes, and collaborates with team members to develop, maintain, and disseminate reporting to support institutional priorities. Serves as a key role in not just pulling and sharing data but identifying actionable insights and making recommendations to team members throughout the organization.
- Develop, implement, and monitor credential outcome tracking.
- Develop, maintain, and refine tools and approaches to identify industry needs, market trends, market size, certifications, workforce gaps, and industry insights to support CRP including disseminating actionable insights across the institution, refining pathways roadmap (articulations, new professional development programs, embedded credentials into academic and PACE programs, etc.).
- Conduct industry research on industry credentials, trends, workforce needs, and other elements that support credential rich pathways.
- Build and maintain CRP SharePoint site accessible across the organization to provide an easy one-stop resource for updates, policies, procedures, and standard marketing material.
- Collaborate with internal team to continuously enhance the accessibility of credential data across the organization to support program assessment, development, and pathway building.
- Identification of key industries to support strategically that aligns with academic programs and organization mission/vision.
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate reporting to support selection of priorities within CRP (industry credential articulation, program building, embedding, etc.)
- Synthesize data, feedback, and information from multiple sources including advisory committees, employers, industry, and internal sources to inform decision-making and program development.
- Support WES departments on ad hoc data and research needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Social Sciences) required or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of recent professional experience in data analysis and/or data engineering required.
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience working with industry and market data, including creating reports and identifying actionable insights preferred.
- Proficiency in software applications for data analytics (examples: Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, statistical analysis programs) required.
- Experience and thorough knowledge in data collection and analysis techniques.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
- Requires analytic ability and frequent independent judgment based on knowledge of university policy and precedent.
- Fluency in information technologies, including high level of proficiency and understanding with data mapping, data mining, machine learning, statistics, cloud computing and analytical programming languages such as SQL, R and/or Python.
- Proven ability to independently synthesize, implement, analyze, and report findings of research studies.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills as well as effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot problems and overcome obstacles with creative solutions.
- Capable of performing in a professional and friendly manner despite conditions of deadlines and pressure.
- Keen ability to transform vague requirements into clear, objective, and actionable tasks.
- Fully accustomed to working on multiple projects, both independently and as a team member.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, and a passion for analytics.
Travel: Some Travel Required; less than 10% travel may be required for meetings or conferences
Candidate receiving offers will be offered a salary/pay rate commensurate with experience that vary based on a candidate's qualifications, skills, and competencies. Absent exceptional circumstances, candidates will be offered a salary within this range for this position. The minimum salary will be offered based on the minimum exemption threshold based on state of residency. Base pay is one component of National University's total rewards package, as we are dedicated to supporting the needs of the "whole you" with our holistic approach to employee benefits by offering comprehensive well-being benefits for you and your family. For full details about our benefit plan offerings, please visit benefits.nu.edu. For Part-time benefits, please click here.
Compensation Range:Annual Salary: $56,890.00 - $76,800.00
National University is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. National University employs more than 5,000 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, National University is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.