Credential Pathways Director
The Credential Pathways Director will report directly to the Vice President of Professional and Continuing Education and play a key role in building credential rich pathways for National University. Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop and manage the roadmap for the expansion and development of industry credentials in academic and non-academic courses/programs. In collaboration with faculty, Learning Experience (LeX) team, Professional and Continuing Ed (PACE), and Marketing, will work to identify opportunities, build case studies, document pathways, and create tools and resources that can be used internally and externally to promote and socialize the pathways work. Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment with industry relevant credentials, conducts research on industry needs and trends, and ensures teams have what they need to create and deploy pathways that are meaningful to students and the industry. Leads process and policy building, training internal and external stakeholders, and helping to bring the strategic vision to fruition, making adaptations as the needs of the industry and business evolve.
- Develop, and perform ongoing review of, program roadmap for the expansion and development of industry credentials in academic and non-academic courses/programs.
- Collaborate with faculty development team to incorporate alternative credential collaboration into faculty development work.
- Create case studies that connect students and employers on the value of alternative credentials.
- Work with faculty and WES team members to document pathways from entry level to advanced degrees.
- Create a 'repository' for pathways including industry credential, military, community college, and PACE.
- Support and/or conduct research on pathways including industry needs and trends.
- Support new program development as needed for pathways programs.
- Collaborate with team members to create, maintain, and disseminate pathways roadmap (articulations, new professional development programs, embedded credentials into academic and PACE programs, etc.).
Partnership and External Collaboration
- Collaborate with partnership and military teams to build and strengthen partnerships with employers, government agencies, professional/industry associations, alumni network, and foundations that can support expansion of pathways while supporting enrollment growth.
Marketing & Communication
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop student-facing material to communicate pathways including articulation, embedded certifications, career pathways, and education pathway opportunities.
- Collaborate with marketing to visualize pathways and incorporate into marketing materials.
- Develop interactive tools for students, faculty, and staff on career and pathway possibilities.
Training & Socialization
- Collaborate and build engagement on pathways work with academic, industry, and employer partners.
- Develop and maintain CRP SharePoint Site.
- Develop and facilitate training for staff and faculty on pathways.
- Collaborate on the development and maintenance of the CRP SharePoint and site as well as pathways 'repository'.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education & Experience:
- Master's degree in a business, education, communications, psychology, or related discipline required.
- Advanced degree in a related field or evidence of pursuit of advanced studies or degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of relevant program development, curriculum development and professional experience in higher education, industry training, or workforce training required.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of strategic and/or business planning experience preferred.
- Experience writing or contributing to grant proposal and/or administering grants preferred.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to navigate complex and nuanced situations, leveraging creativity and adaptability to find innovative solutions.
- Extensive knowledge on alternative credentials and credit-for-prior learning landscape.
- Experience working effectively with cross-departmental and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to build partnerships.
- Excellent analytical skills with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to think strategically and tactfully.
- Outstanding professional and persuasive communication skills (writing, document design, presenting, speaking).
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to provide effective team leadership, leading informal teams and projects.
- Proven ability to make decisions independently and use initiative to accomplish complex tasks.
- Ability to be fluid, flexible, and agile with assigned projects and work in a rapidly paced work environment and evolving business needs.
- Ability to achieve results through critical thinking, problem-solving, planning, execution, and continuous improvement of the organization.
- Ability to effectively lead multi-faceted, multi-disciplinary projects to completion, on-time, and within budgetary constraints.
- Ability to participate as an active team member of the team and organization and work toward a common goal. Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead.
- Accepts personal accountability, proactively seeks resolution for personal limitations head-on; and supports honesty and respect towards others, the company, and oneself.
- Actively seeks to influence, build effective relationships, and gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives.
- Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes.
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
Travel: Some Travel Required; less than 10% travel may be required for meetings or conferences
Candidate receiving offers will be offered a salary/pay rate commensurate with experience that vary based on a candidate's qualifications, skills, and competencies. Absent exceptional circumstances, candidates will be offered a salary within this range for this position. The minimum salary will be offered based on the minimum exemption threshold based on state of residency. Base pay is one component of National University's total rewards package, as we are dedicated to supporting the needs of the "whole you" with our holistic approach to employee benefits by offering comprehensive well-being benefits for you and your family. For full details about our benefit plan offerings, please visit benefits.nu.edu. For Part-time benefits, please click here.
Compensation Range:Annual Salary: $71,360.00 - $96,340.00
National University is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. National University employs more than 5,000 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, National University is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.