Appalachian State University
Department: Catering - 170400
Graduation from High School or possession of a GED, and one year of experience in food preparation or service activities in a commercial kitchen; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in the field of work related to the positions role may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Essential Job Functions
Catering Supervisor Wanted: Ensuring Memorable Dining Experiences
Are you passionate about delivering exceptional dining experiences? Are you a natural leader with a keen eye for detail? Join our esteemed academic institution as a Catering Supervisor and play a pivotal role in providing outstanding catering services to our students, faculty, and guests.
The Catering Supervisor serves as an effective leader for Appalachian State Universitys Grandview Catering & Events front-of-house staff by utilizing high standards in catering and event execution, employee relations, and management for a diverse team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being "on the floor" for event service on a daily basis
- Maintain open and frequent communication with the management team regarding event status, questions, concerns, and new ideas
- Participate in developing and implementing training programs for front-of-house student staff alongside Catering Manager and Associate Director
- Ensure timeliness of each event; This includes packing up and departing the kitchen, arrival at the event location, set up, service within the appropriate timeframe, event breakdown
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided during the event
- Manage a team of student staff for the successful execution of catered events.
- Lead the students by example and be able to delegate tasks with detailed instruction and context as needed before, during and after events
- Form positive working relationships with coworkers, including students, while remaining professional and respectful at all times
- Serve as a point of contact during events for the event host. Troubleshoot with excellent customer service and taking action quickly
- Oversee equipment and workstation clean-up
- Track various inventories
- Maintain awareness of workload balance across the department and be willing to assist as needed with atypical tasks
- Complete industry-recommended certifications such as ServSafe, TIPS, CPR/AED, ALE educational sessions
- Work with the entire Grandview team on other duties as assigned
- Relative work experience in the food & beverage or hospitality industry
- Ability to remain calm and make quick decisions under stressful circumstances
- Patience to guide and supervise student staff that is new to the workforce
- Ability to work during weekends and holidays as needed
- Holds self-accountable and can be relied upon to ensure that projects and schedules are maintained
- Ability to be proactive in completing their assigned tasks and strategize to create task lists to delegate to others
- Perform routine or repetitious tasks with care and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to lead and provide support to catering staff
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to the completion of tasks or assignments
- Treat other employees, including student staff, with respect
- Shows versatility in working well under high pressure and fast-paced situations, as well as slower days that require proactivity and the ability to stay organized
- Excellent customer service and ability to empathize with clients and staff
- Ability (or willingness to learn) to drive, reverse, and otherwise maneuver a catering vehicle through paved roads, foot traffic paths, and between buildings on campus
- Interest in learning from all other positions in the department and willingness to help others
- 2+ years of relative work experience in the food & beverage industry, preferably with high-volume catering
- Experience leading a team is preferred
Anticipated Hiring Range: $38,570 - $41,600
Closing Date: 3/7/2024
To apply, visit https://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/44493
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.