The Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University seeks a Program Assistant to be responsible for all administrative logistics of the office of the Executive Director and Managing Director. This person will serve as the principal administrative contact and liaison for internal and external program constituencies of the Center's senior leadership. To learn more about Berkman Klein Center, visit us at cyber.harvard.edu/about.Position Description
As Program Assistant, you will:
- Provide substantive and administrative support of various projects and Center-wide initiatives, including monitoring timelines, keeping daily to-do lists, and tracking outputs;
- Serve as primary point of contact for Executive Director and other senior leaders, and keeping the calendar of the Executive Director, including managing complex and highly dynamic scheduling tasks;
- Draft senior meeting and staff agendas, presentations, documentation, and memos, and ensure consistency of information with internal Center communication and documentation
- Coordinate correspondence with numerous external partners, funders, and affiliates, and maintain and update relevant contact and outreach lists
- Contribute to Center goals by accomplishing related duties as required, including but not limited to supporting Center-wide data management, assisting with events as needed and managing special projects
Three or more years of administrative support or related experience in a business or customer service environment. Education beyond high school may count towards experience.Additional Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for people who have:
- Excellent organizational skills with particular ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple interests.
- Proven project and/or program management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in highly collaborative teams.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
- Competency using a variety of technology offerings.
- Experience doing administrative or organizational work for non-governmental or academic organizations is an asset.
This is a term appointment currently expected to extend through 6/30/25 with potential for renewal subject to funding and departmental need.
We regret that Harvard Law School is unable to provide visa sponsorship for staff positions.
All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.
Be a part of excellence and leadership in legal education and scholarship at Harvard Law School. We are a community of talented people from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and perspectives, dedicated to advancing the cause of justice all over the world. We value our differences and our diversity as a source of strength. We are committed to developing and inspiring our students and our workforce. Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you do it, Harvard Law School is a place where you can thrive.
We invite you to visit Harvard's Total Rewards website (https://hr.harvard.edu/totalrewards) to learn more about our outstanding benefits package, which may include:
- Paid Time Off: 3-4 weeks of accrued vacation time per year (3 weeks for support staff and 4 weeks for administrative/professional staff), 12 accrued sick days per year, 12.5 holidays plus a Winter Recess in December/January, 3 personal days per year (prorated based on date of hire), and up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents who are primary care givers.
- Health and Welfare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance programs, along with voluntary benefits. Most coverage begins as of your start date.
- Work/Life and Wellness: Child and elder/adult care resources including on campus childcare centers, Employee Assistance Program, and wellness programs related to stress management, nutrition, meditation, and more.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with contributions from 5% to 15% of eligible compensation, based on age and earnings with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive program including $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and reduced tuition through other participating Harvard graduate schools.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Program that provides 75% to 90% reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year for eligible courses taken at other accredited institutions.
- Professional Development: Programs and classes at little or no cost, including through the Harvard Center for Workplace Development and LinkedIn Learning.
- Commuting and Transportation: Various commuter options handled through the Parking Office, including discounted parking, half-priced public transportation passes and pre-tax transit passes, biking benefits, and more.
- Harvard Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks: Access to Harvard athletic and fitness facilities, libraries, campus events, credit union, and more, as well as discounts to various types of services (legal, financial, etc.) and cultural and leisure activities throughout metro-Boston.
Department Office Location
USA - MA - Cambridge
403033 Staff Assistant III
Hybrid (partially on-site, partially remote)
Berkman Klein Center
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Appointment End Date
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
LinkedIn Recruiter Tag (for internal use only)