Assistant Coach, Lacrosse - ATH
Job ID: 268486About Us
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning?
Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Performs a variety of functions, assigned by the head coach. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to coaching, budget management, recruiting, purchasing equipment, supplies and uniforms. Schedules games and practices for assigned athletics program. Responsible for program public relations and fundraising. Adheres to all rules and regulations of KSU, NCAA and the conference. Assists in the organization and planning of practices, player development, academic support and monitoring, national recruitment of quality prospective student-athletes, and attendance at team competitions. Assists with administrative duties assigned by the Head Coach.
1. Assists coaches and coaching staff in all aspects related to the assigned program
2. Supports the implementation of plans and programs which will achieve appropriate and necessary academic progress, retention and timely graduation of each student-athlete on the roster
3. Provides leadership and support for department-wide priorities and initiatives
4. Organizes, supervises, coordinates and employs sound coaching techniques and practices
5. Participates in university and Department of Athletics events as required
6. Prepares student-athletes physically, mentally, and emotionally to compete for Conference Championships and post-season competitions
7. Supports the program's plan to create an atmosphere favorable to the ethical, academic and athletic development of student-athletes
8. Serves as a Campus Security Authority as defined by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus
Associate's degree from an accredited institution of higher education or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted driver's license
Current, and valid CPR/AED certification
Two (2) years relevant experience coaching in a post-secondary level program, professional athlete, professional tour participant or professional coach in a related sports program
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to serve as a spokesperson for the intercollegiate program
Must be dependable, punctual, and trustworthy self-starter
Able to work and travel with team early mornings, afternoons, evening, and weekends, as needed
Able to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with student-athletes, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni and the public
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Possesses a thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance with all NCAA, conference, State of Georgia and university policies, rules and regulations.
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite, Synergy Sports Tech, FastModel suite of software or similar athletics software programs)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette