Utility Services Associate, Kitchen - The Commons
Job ID: 268223About Us
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Responsible for dishwashing and custodial needs for the location. Responsible for the cleanliness, sanitation and organization of all pot room, dish room and restrooms in the location. Ensures the assigned areas are cleaned according to established guidelines. Work is performed in accordance with health department, sanitation and university system guidelines.
1. Responsible for the cleanliness, sanitation and organization of all pots, pans, sheet trays and any items used for food service or production.
2. Cleans and sanitizes restrooms, showers and locker rooms
3. Cleans and maintains assigned areas including dusting, sweeping, mopping
4. Returns items to the proper storage location and maintains an organized and debris free area
5. Washes mats and walls, mops floors, empties garbage and sanitizes garbage cans, etc.
6. Maintains stock in production, service, employee and restroom areas; replenishing items that are running low
7. Acts as a runner for different stations or locations as assigned
8. Keeps drains clean and free of debris
9. Supports location leadership with tasks as needed
High School diploma or equivalent
None, on the job training provided
Previous dishwashing or janitorial experience in a retail, food service or restaurant location
The salary range for this position is $15.00 to $16.50 based on relevant experience. Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to maintain a neat and professional appearance
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of food service terminology
Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation regulations and food handling procedures
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Basic computer skills for applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette