Postdoctoral Research Associate I (Pharmacology and Toxicology)
Posting Number: req18844
Department: Pharmacology and Toxicology
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
Address: 1295 N. Martin Ave, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
The R. Ken Coit College of Pharmacy is inviting qualified applicants to apply for the position Postdoctoral Research Associate I in biochemistry, pharmacology, chemical biology, or cell biology in the laboratory of Wei Wang in the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology. The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology is committed to academic excellence and to attainment of regional, national, and international recognition for the quality of its educational research and service activities.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop biochemical and cellular assays for protein labeling, ligation and functionalization with new bioconjugation reagents; study and characterize the structures and functions of the protein conjugates.
- Determine and characterize the properties and structures (eg, chemical and metabolic stability, cell viability, membrane permeability, fluorescence, etc.) of new bioconjugation reagents; probe and study cellular processes and chemical proteomics of the new bioconjugation reagents.
- Work and collaborate with medicinal/organic chemists for probe design, synthesis and characterization.
- Master the relevant chemical biology primary literature.
- Participate and present research results and literature in group meetings and dept seminars; disseminate project outcomes and write manuscripts for publication and present results in conferences; review and write grant proposals.
- Mentor junior researchers in the laboratory environment, including project management as well as the instruction of junior members in best laboratory practices.
- PhD in biochemistry, chemical biology, pharmacology or cell biology.
- Proved records (e.g., publications) in biochemistry, chemical biology, pharmacology.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $56,484 - $58,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Wei Wang | WWang@pharmacy.arizona.edu
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.