Assistant/Associate Professor, iSchool
Posting Number: req17971
Department: School of Information
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe School of Information at the University of Arizona invites applications for multiple tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor positions to start in Fall 2024. We are looking for candidates with expertise in all areas of artificial intelligence.
The School of Information is a standalone academic unit at the University of Arizona. School of Information faculty explore the intersections of people, data, and technology, with faculty focused on artificial intelligence and data science working side-by-side with those in focused on information behavior and societal change. The School of Information offers nine-degree programs, covering areas from machine learning to digital archive curation to game design, and including undergraduate, masters, and doctoral degrees.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
We especially encourage applications from
candidates with expertise including but not necessarily limited to the
- Trustworthy artificial intelligence.
- Bias and equity in machine learning.
- A Ph.D. in information science, computer science, or a related discipline.
- A productive and innovative research record with promising future directions.
- Experience instructing, engaging, and mentoring students at the graduate and/or undergraduate level.
- A record of outreach to and impact on schools, local communities, businesses, or other groups not often involved in information science.
- Experience working collaboratively with faculty, students, and staff from different disciplines, cultures, and academic backgrounds.
- Experience writing compelling proposals for external funding.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Academic
Job Category: Faculty
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Three Additional Documents
Special Instructions to ApplicantPlease upload the following documents within your application:
* Curriculum Vitae
* Cover Letter (preferred length: <1 page)
* In the first Additional Document slot: a Research Statement (preferred length: 1-2 pages).
* In the second Additional Document slot: a Statement of Teaching Philosophy (preferred length: 1-2 pages).
* In the third Additional Document slot: Reference Contact List with a minimum of three professional references and their contact information. References will only be called after a campus visit.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.