Vice President, Student Services
Position Summary Information
Position Title Vice President, Student Services
Position Type Full Time Regular
Annual Schedule 12 months
Expected Work Schedule Standard
Anticipated Days Monday - Friday
Anticipated Hours 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - significant overtime expected
Anticipated Hours per Week 40 - Teleworking is not available for this position
Work Location A-B Tech Main Campus
Job Description Summary
The Vice President of Student Services is the chief student development officer of the College and has overall responsibility for providing leadership, management, and supervision for Student Services and for ensuring that assigned functions fulfill college goals and objectives. The VPSS is responsible for conceptualizing, planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating strategic enrollment and comprehensive student services for present and non-present students.
1. Provides leadership of: Records and Registration, Financial Aid, Enrollment, Services, Admissions, Advising, Transfer Services, Disability Services, Veteran’s Services, Placement Assessment, Orientation, Recruitment, Counseling, Career Services, Student Discipline and Due Process, Student Advocacy, Distance Services, and other support services and programs.2. Maximizes student enrollment, engagement, and completion.3. Develops student services policies and procedures, which support the College’s overall mission, goals, and objectives.4. Ensures compliance with institutional accreditation criteria for Student Service’s functions.5. Assists in the development and administration of the budget for all assigned functions.6. Directs the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitors and approves expenditures and makes mid-year budget corrections.7. Works collaboratively with the Colleges various stakeholders to develop and implement approaches to recruit and retain students through completion.8. Ensures that a professionally trained and adequately prepared student services staff is available to serve students.9. Motivates staff to improve quantity and quality of work performed and provides appropriate professional development to support excellence.10. Works with professional staff and other College divisions and departments to ensure the accuracy, currency, and revision of student publications.11. Collaborates with the professional staff within Student Services and instructional colleagues to ensure appropriate student support, learning, and regulation.12. Continuously evaluates and improves services offered by the division to promote maximum student access and success.13. Participates as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.14. Provides oversight and support for assigned standing committees.15. Co-leads the Enrollment Management Team.16. Contributes to all assigned committees.17. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.18. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.19. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Master’s degree in Student Development; Higher Education Administration; or other applicable degree;2. Five years of full-time or equivalent increasingly responsible management and supervisory experience in one or more areas of student services in higher education;3. Five years of full-time or equivalent in higher education work experience.
1. Doctorate in Student Development; Higher Education Leadership; or other applicable degree2. Experience with integrated College information system such as Colleague.3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Read the following before submitting the Application:
2. Upload Required Documents:
- When applicable, upload the relevant transcript that correlates to the degree requirement in the minimum requirement or preferred qualifications with in the job posting. The transcript must show the individual courses taken and the degree that is conferred or awarded.
PLEASE NOTE: DIPLOMAS OR A COPY OF DEGREE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE INSTEAD OF TRANSCRIPT
If selected for hire:
- If selected for hire, official sealed transcripts from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work.
- Transcripts outside of the United States, must be accompanied by an evaluation completed by a NACES recognized agency and received by Human Resources at least two weeks prior to the first day of work.
PLEASE NOTE: FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN THE WITHDRAWAL OF THE JOB ;OFFER.
Why Should I Work at A-B Tech?
A-B Tech is nestled in the mountains of Western North Carolina and has served as the region’s premier two-year college since our establishment in 1959. With five locations, the College service area includes Buncombe and Madison Counties. We are a family of approximately 10,000 curriculum students, 14,000 continuing education students, and 1,100 faculty & staff. We offer an array of programs to meet local workforce needs which culminate in 55 degrees, 18 diplomas, and 56 certificates. A-B Tech is indicative of the modern comprehensive community college – providing innovative educational programming and collaborative community development. If you are dedicated to student and community success, then we invite you to explore employment opportunities at A-B Tech. We hope you will consider joining the A-B Tech Trailblazer family!
A-B Tech Welcoming Culture (R.I.S.E)
A-B Tech commits to demonstrating an inclusive and welcoming culture of Respect, Integrity, Support, and Equity for Everyone.This is evident by our RISE Committee, the Trailblazer RISE Award, and annual RISE projects including the Welcoming Classroom, Appreciative Advising, and more!
A-B Tech is looking for:
A person who shares our commitment to sustaining a workplace that offers equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability genetic information/medical history, age, and/or veteran/military status. In addition, the College prohibits discrimination based on any characteristic or condition protected by law, but not specifically mentioned here.
Posting Detail Information
Review Date: (Application should be submitted by 8:00 a.m. EST on this date for consideration) 03/01/2024
Start Date 05/01/2024
Keep Open Until Filled Yes
Salary or Hourly Pay Range (Salary is Non-Negotiable) $100,416 - $102,924
Your total compensation goes beyond this maximum salary. Your A-B Tech benefits represent nearly 30% of your total compensation.The total compensation for this position includes an 25.02% employer contribution to a defined pension plan, contributions towards medical and dental policies and fully funded life insurance / accidental death & dismemberment policy.
Total Compensation: 142,051 – 145,391• Medical and Pharmacy Plan• Dental Plan• Vision Plan• Flexible Spending Accounts• Short and Long-Term Disability• Death Benefits• Life Insurance• Supplemental Policies• Professional Liability• Vacation Leave up to 26 days per year• Sick Leave of 12 days per year• Holiday Leave• All required protected leaves plus: Civil, Bereavement, Parental, Community Service, Maternity/Paternity, Shared, Educational, Military• Tax-sheltered Supplemental Retirement Plans• Tuition Reimbursement Plan• State Employees Credit Union membership• Employee Assistance Network• Annual Flex Benefit• Alternative Work Schedules• Longevity Pay• Educational Attainment• Personal observance leave (2 days)
A-B Tech’s Human Resources (HR) department is located on the main campus at the Sunnicrest House. This beautiful Tudor-style Historic house served as a private residence for guests of the Vanderbilt family for the first century of the home’s life. Today you will find a professional HR family that is dedicated to ensuring all employees and applicants receive fast and accurate answers, compassion, fairness, and kindness from Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. To ensure a prompt hiring process, please read the application directions located on the HR website. For questions, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to our A-B Tech family!