B2B Product Advisor, HBS Online
Harvard Business School (HBS) Online is Harvard Business School's vision of business education reimagined for the digital age. Our mission is simple: to create learning experiences that bring business education to life. HBS Online offers a unique and highly engaging way to learn vital business concepts. To see these techniques in action and gain actionable skills and insights, check out HBS Online's Sample Business Lessons.
The B2B Product Advisor identifies B2B sales opportunities within the HBS Online portfolio, leads product positioning and planning for B2B audiences, and analyzes and makes recommendations for international product sales and expansion. The B2B Product Advisor is a member of the Strategic Alliances team, reporting to the Managing Director, Business Operations and Strategic Alliances.
Product Management/Process Design
- In conjunction with key contacts at Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) and within HBS, design new processes and identify cross-functional impacts with new and ongoing collaborations; monitor ongoing metrics and identify process improvements and next steps
- Identify potential B2B opportunities across the HBS Online course portfolio; work with B2C product managers to identify and meet B2B needs in new product briefs
- Lead product planning for B2B-specific projects, working in conjunction with B2C counterparts to ensure optimal use of content across HBS Online
- Analyze customer and company feedback (often from Chief Learning Officers) to help define and prioritize new features and drivers for success
- Act as liaison with HBS Online Content Development on applying B2B market and customer insights to course development process
- Analyze potential resellers, or other novel B2B partnerships, identifying potential operational constraints or opportunity costs, and making recommendations on whether economics and strategy are favorable
- Perform market research to help inform B2B market positioning, key benefits and pricing; use insights to suggest updates to website and other tools
- Track online learning trends across the globe; identify areas of opportunity (e.g., Indian CSR act); track metrics related to Strategic Alliances collaboration with HBS Executive Education Global sales team
- Assist Strategic Alliances sales team with fostering critical relationships with institutions and/or companies that could leverage or promote the products with their customers, employees or clients
- Work with Marketing and Creative teams to develop and update necessary collateral and tools for institutional customers and to enable the sales team
- In conjunction with Compliance and Marketing teams, review and approve proposed uses of HBS Online name and logo, applying HBS Online brand standards
- Responsible for defining and reporting on metrics to analyze B2B channel success; draft presentations on applicable metrics, objectives, success and strategy
- Work in collaboration with data management practice to develop and refine B2B related dashboards, ensuring the team has relevant information to inform operational improvement and forecasting activities
- Be responsible for other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- 6 years related work experience required (product strategy, product management, marketing, sales, etc.)
- MBA preferred
- An ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal audiences (e.g. senior faculty, software engineers, marketing managers) and external audiences (e.g. prospective customers or partners) is critical.
- Experience conducting research, gathering information from many sources, filtering what is most important, and synthesizing findings into actionable recommendations.
- Previous experience with modeling and preparing presentations and/or mid-level skills in Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Ability to identify challenges, recommend solutions and work creatively gets things done
- Pitches in where needed - "no job is too big or small"
This role is offered as a hybrid (some combination of onsite and remote) where you are required to be onsite at our Boston, MA based campus several days per month. Specific days and schedule will be determined between you and your manager.
We may conduct candidate interviews virtually (phone and/or via Zoom) and/or in-person for this role.
A cover letter is required to be considered for this opportunity.
Harvard Business School will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Culture of Inclusion: The work and well-being of HBS is profoundly strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and life experiences. Explore more about HBS work culture here.
Founded in 1908 as part of Harvard University, Harvard Business School (www.hbs.edu) is located on a 40-acre campus in Boston. The School offers two full-time MBA and PhD programs, more than 175 Executive Education programs, and certificates and courses through Harvard Business School Online. For more than a century, Harvard Business School faculty have drawn on their research, connection to practice, global expertise, and passion for teaching to educate leaders who make a difference in the world. The School and its curriculum attract the boldest thinkers and the most collaborative learners who will shape the practice of business and entrepreneurship around the globe.
We invite you to visit Harvard's Total Rewards website (https://hr.harvard.edu/totalrewards) to learn more about our outstanding benefits package, which may include:
- Paid Time Off: 3-4 weeks of accrued vacation time per year (3 weeks for support staff and 4 weeks for administrative/professional staff), 12 accrued sick days per year, 12.5 holidays plus a Winter Recess in December/January, 3 personal days per year (prorated based on date of hire), and up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents who are primary care givers.
- Health and Welfare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance programs, along with voluntary benefits. Most coverage begins as of your start date.
- Work/Life and Wellness: Child and elder/adult care resources including on campus childcare centers, Employee Assistance Program, and wellness programs related to stress management, nutrition, meditation, and more.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with contributions from 5% to 15% of eligible compensation, based on age and earnings with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive program including $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and reduced tuition through other participating Harvard graduate schools.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Program that provides 75% to 90% reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year for eligible courses taken at other accredited institutions.
- Professional Development: Programs and classes at little or no cost, including through the Harvard Center for Workplace Development and LinkedIn Learning.
- Commuting and Transportation: Various commuter options handled through the Parking Office, including discounted parking, half-priced public transportation passes and pre-tax transit passes, biking benefits, and more.
- Harvard Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks: Access to Harvard athletic and fitness facilities, libraries, campus events, credit union, and more, as well as discounts to various types of services (legal, financial, etc.) and cultural and leisure activities throughout metro-Boston.
Department Office Location
USA - MA - Boston
358057 Admin Pro/Indiv Contrib
Hybrid (partially on-site, partially remote)
Harvard Business School Online
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.