Admin Assistant 3 (req28455)
Requisition ID: req28455
Working Title: Admin Assistant 3
Position Grade: 08
The University of New Mexico College of Nursing (CON) is seeking a goal oriented, resourceful, dedicated, and self-motivated Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support for the Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs and professional graduate program faculty. This is a customer service position in which you will screen telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; respond to requests for information; determine which requests the supervisor, appropriate staff member or other offices should handle, prepare routine correspondence. Maintain calendar of activities, meetings and various events; coordinate activities and travel requests with CON faculty and external constituents on behalf of the Assistant Dean. Attend a variety of meetings; prepare and compile agenda packets; take and prepare minutes; disseminate information, as appropriate. Communicate clearly and concisely through establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work and other duties as assigned.
This is a front facing position that requires in-person attendance 5 days a week.
Conditions of Employment
- If this position is assigned to the Athletics Department, either administratively or functionally, compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Employees who provide services or work in patient care or clinical areas are required to be in compliance with the University's influenza vaccination requirement.
- All regular, non-temporary positions assigned to this classification are represented by a labor union and subject to the terms and conditions of the US-UNM Collective Bargaining Agreement.
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Experience working in an administrative office environment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Experience working with broadly diverse communities
Campus: Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM
Department: College of Nursing (AFD)
Employment Type: Staff
Staff Type: Regular - Full-Time
Pay: Hourly: $16.88 to $21.72
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
As a condition of employment, eligible employees working greater than .25 FTE as determined by the New Mexico Education Retirement Act must make mandatory retirement contributions. For more information, review the Benefits Eligibility at a Glance grid.
Background Check Required: Yes
For Best Consideration Date: 2/19/2024
Eligible for Remote Work
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job
advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
To receive full consideration please include:
- Cover Letter to address qualifications
- List of supervisory references that can validate qualifications
References will not be contacted until the final stage of interview