Manager of Recruitment for Oral Health Equity, UMKC School of Dentistry
UMKC School of Dentistry, Dean's Office
The University of Missouri Kansas City, School of Dentistry seeks applications for a Manager of Recruitment for Oral Health Equity.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate, manage, and lead a recruitment plan targeting students from disadvantaged backgrounds, including economically, educationally, and environmentally disadvantaged. This includes a national strategy partnering with minority serving universities and school systems in Kansas City, Missouri, Kansas City, Kansas, and St. Louis, MO.
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with prospective and admitted dental and dental hygiene students through ongoing touch points (ex. phone, email, CRM-SLATE, social media).
- Coordinate, develop, and support pathway programs for disadvantaged students at middle school, high school, and college levels (ex. Dental Explorers Program, Summer Dental Exploration Program, BOND, and STAHR).
- Initiate and maintain positive relationships with school/college counselors/advisors, and other school, agency, and community organizations (ex. PrepKC, AHEC, HOSA, D.I.D.M.).
- Develop and facilitate initiatives and programs that support retention of underrepresented groups in coordination with the Assistant Dean of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal/presentation skills, and present information at both on-campus and off-campus events related to dental school admissions, scholarships, program details, and oral health careers.
- Serves as an advocate and mentor, especially for underrepresented dental hygiene and dental students. (ex. STAHR Ambassadors, SNDA, HSDA, Dental Pride Alliance)
- Mentor and support the student officers of the Student National Dental Association and Hispanic Student Dental Association.
- Support the responsibilities and activities of the Office of Student Program (ex.
- Dental Student for a Day, Dental Club visits, Orientation, Graduation, Applicant Interviews, etc)
- Collaborate closely on initiatives with the Assistant Dean of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Assistant Dean for Student Programs, and Senior Manager of Dental Admissions.
- Partner on initiatives with the UMKC Office of Admissions and Health Sciences District colleagues.
- Serve on the SOD Admissions Committees; SOD Scholarship Committees; SOD DEI Committee; and others as appointed.
- Manage recruitment travel and budget.
- Provide reports of efforts and progress toward goals.
- Manage the Clinical Service Participation verification.
- Work at a high level with Microsoft Office Programs, especially Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
Anticipated Hiring Range
The anticipated hiring range for this position has been established as $50,367.29 to $65,000 annually.
Salary is determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to, the individual's particular combination of education, skills, and experience, as well as organizational requirements. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Missouri provides generous leave, health plans, and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Application review begins on February 19th, 2024.
Position will continue to accept and review applications until filled.
This position is eligible for University benefits. As part of your total compensation, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, paid caregiver leave, and educational fee discounts for all four UM System campuses. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at https://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits.
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure each person's success. Contributions from individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of teaching, research, and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations. For more information, visit https://www.umsystem.edu/ums/hr/eeo or call Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Office of Equity & Title IX at 816-235-6910.