Bushnell University’s School of Nursing, located in Eugene, OR invites applications for nursing faculty to teach primarily in the University’s Accelerated Bachelor of Science Nursing program. This on-campus position has a negotiable start date. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively within the Accelerated Baccalaureate pre-licensure nursing program.
- Development, implementation, and evaluation of the accelerated BSN curriculum.
- Full-time teaching, primarily in the Accelerated BSN pre-licensure program, and online courses in RN to BSN as assigned.
- Working collaboratively with the Dean of Nursing and other nursing faculty to deliver high quality education to nursing students.
- Working collaboratively with University faculty, staff, and other departments across the campus.
- Participate in promotion of the Accelerated BSN and other nursing programs in the community, among the Bushnell student population and prospective students at on and off-campus sponsored events.
- Support the missions of Bushnell University and School of Nursing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
Specific to this Position: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Commits to creating a learning environment for students inclusive of diverse cultural, social, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Provides instruction for clinical and/or didactic nursing theory courses as assigned.
- Supervises student clinical experiences in long-term care, acute care community health and/or other settings as assigned.
- Engages with students to provide a meaningful presence in their clinical learning and in their achievement of course outcomes.
- Provides current course content, in collaboration with the other faculty, that is informative, well organized and supports student learning and success and is consistent with national standards.
- Keeps professionally current by participating in professional development and other activities.
- Maintains current credentials or licensures and immunizations as required by the program and clinical agencies.
- Creates and maintains a positive learning environment that focuses on safety, respect of clients and colleagues, and effective communication, both verbally and in writing, utilizing tact, patience and courtesy.
- Listening skills and the ability to speak and write clearly are essential to this position. Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Models professional nursing practices and behaviors for students.
- Complies with all Oregon State Board of Nursing policies and administrative regulations.
- The position may require the ability to complete 12.5-hour nursing shifts in a supervisory capacity.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- All faculty assigned to a clinical position must undergo a urine drug screen
- Support the missions of Bushnell University and School of Nursing
- Works collaboratively with Dean of Nursing to schedule up to 16 hours/month of work release time to pursue advanced education and/or clinical practice opportunities that support current role and professional development,
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Earned nursing graduate degree (graduate degree may be in process, terminal degree preferred)
- Minimum of three years nursing practice experience.
- Eligible for or possess an active, unencumbered Oregon RN license.
- Listening skills and the ability to speak and write clearly.
- Must be actively engaged in a Christian congregation and able to identify with and support the Bushnell Theological Context for Community statement.
- Ability to utilize Windows based software including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience utilizing e-mail for the purposes of organizational communications.
Additional information can be found at www.bushnell.edu/careers/nursingabsn-faculty/