Job ID: 268257
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Assesses and advises students regarding information, procedures and academic requirements of a specific program or major. Provides academic guidance and program information to students in the assigned college or program. Assists students in exploring careers, evaluating academic abilities, and setting goals.
1. Provide high-quality academic advising services to current and prospective KSU students
2. Develops multi-semester degree planning following major curriculum guidelines, aligns students¿ academic interests and aptitudes with appropriate professional goals
3. Connects students with appropriate academic and non-academic student services that promote their success, and maintaining thorough and accurate documentation of individual advising sessions
4. Meets formally with students to develop meaningful connections
5. Attends and participates in advising sessions for new and incoming students, both at orientation and in pre-orientation advising sessions with students and families
6. Participates in college or institutional student success initiatives
7. Utilizes and incorporates best practices identified through the analysis of reports/analytics related to advising activity, student success metrics, etc.
8. Contributes to the coordination of unit-level communication plans regarding key milestones, registration deadlines, academic resources, etc.
9. Monitors and documents the retention, progression, and graduation of students within the assigned population, and offer proactive outreach to the assigned populations within the appropriate system
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
One (1) year of experience in a student success or support related role
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience in a higher education setting
Demonstrated commitment to academic advising as a key component of student success, as evidenced by prior experiences, such as peer leadership, student affairs leadership, peer advising, or curriculum design, letters of recommendation, and interview(s)
Preferred Educational Qualifications
An advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
Able to access and maintain confidential student information
Able to interact effectively with students
Able to work evenings and weekends to support College initiatives, events and/or activities
Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlines
Participates in ongoing professional development activities that enhance academic advising outcomes
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Banner, Electronic Records Management systems, EAB, Microsoft Office Suite, and other systems related to student support)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette