Program Coordinator, Student Volunteerism and Service - STA
Job ID: 268347About Us
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning?
Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
- ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Student Affairs, higher
education administration, Social Work, public administration, nonprofit management, or
related field Three (3) years progressively responsible experience developing and implementing
volunteerism opportunities, student development programs, grant compliance and reporting, or
social media management
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans and manages Service Saturday and Impact Service Groups including student volunteer
recruitment, training, development, evaluation, stewardship, and retention systems to ensure
2. Oversees and develops the Service Fellows program, including recruitment, training,
development, and evaluation to ensure continuous improvement in serving community
partners and developing engaged, responsible student leaders.
3. Oversees the KSU AmeriCorps VISTA Network, including VISTA member recruitment,
placement, and training; worksite leader training; and grant compliance and reporting.
4. Oversees the management of a centralized technology platform that provides volunteer
opportunities, the ability to log and track hours, and create and administer team
volunteerism projects, generate reports, etc.
5. Assists campus and community partners in identifying volunteer projects through needs
assessment; collects feedback from all parties involved in volunteer activities, including
volunteers, staff, and community members through written reports, testimonials, and verbal
6. In partnership with department staff, supports campus-wide departmental signature
initiatives, such as Homelessness Awareness Week, Day of Service, Volunteer Fairs, etc.
7. Supports the departmental initiative to build and maintain relationships with existing and new
community, corporate (local, regional, and national) and campus partners (students, faculty,
and staff) to maximize opportunities for engagement and participation, volunteer hours, and
campus and community impact.
8. Manages departmental marketing and communication tools, including social media, OwlLife,
emails, videos, presentations, and web pages to promote departmental initiatives and
9. Supervises student workers and volunteers.
10. Provide support for other divisional priorities and initiatives beyond the scope of department,
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES*:
Ability to work as a contributing member in a team-oriented environment, successfully
interacting with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
Ability to successfully interact with a multicultural community comprised of individuals/groups
from an array of backgrounds, identities, experiences, and communication styles.
Ability to recognize and protect confidential information and exercise judgment, tact, and
diplomacy in handling sensitive information and situations.
Available to work evenings and weekends for programming with students.
Ability to drive a 12-passenger van.
Possess a strong ethic of service, excellent communication, organizational and
interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently.
Maintain knowledge of diversity-related issues and best practices.
Demonstrated interest in and passion for student development, community engagement,
service, and/or volunteerism.
Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated to take initiative in following through on tasks with
attention to detail.
Evident reliability, punctuality, and dependability
Plans and implements program initiatives for the assigned college, department, and/or unit. Participates in the generation of program resources, communication, design and development of operating goals, objectives, and protocols. Serves as primary point for program implementation and operational matters. Provides technical, professional and programmatic guidance, consultation, and support.
1. Develops, plans and coordinates the implementation and execution of programs, special projects, events and other initiatives designed to achieve the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the assigned program(s) and/or department(s)
2. Oversees and administers all facets and activities related to day-to-day operations of the assigned program(s) and/or departments
3. Serves as liaison with internal and external clients on all matters relating to program and/or department activities
4. Provides, administers and/or coordinates the provision of technical guidance, consultation, related support to clientele within area of program focus
5. Assists with forecast projections and budget for each fiscal year and evaluates progress towards financial goals and may be responsible for the program or department's purchasing card (PCard)
6. Prepares and delivers presentations and collateral for program and/or department and events
7. Coordinates and administers the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data, prepares comprehensive program reports and evaluation summaries
8. May coordinate, administer and monitor social media presence and program outreach
9. May supervise and/or lead assigned staff and/or students assistants
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
One (1) years of related work experience
MINIMUM LICENSEURE/CERIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Current, valid unrestricted driver's license
Preferred Educational Qualifications
An advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
Previous experience with program development and coordination
Previous experience in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to devise, develop, collect and analyze statistical information and reports
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Ability to make administrative and/or procedural decisions and judgments
Demonstrated professional knowledge and operational expertise within designated area of program focus
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette