Placement Specialist I
The Placement Specialist I determines candidate eligibility for clinical practice. This role audits queries pulled from SOAR (Student Information System) to determine student teaching eligibility requirements for each candidate, advise students regarding any missing requirements, procedures for student teaching placement, and provide information to Regional Clinical Practice Coordinators to arrange and finalize student teaching placements. The Placement Specialist I tracks students throughout the placement process, schedules student teaching, internship, and fieldwork courses, organizes student teaching and internship seminar courses, conducts orientations, and maintains student file throughout student teaching experience.
Along with these responsibilities, the Placement Specialist I ensures all MOUs are in place, completes all necessary shared documents in a timely manner, and keeps students informed of remaining credential program requirements.
- Extracts data from SOAR to identify eligible student teaching candidates each student teaching cycle
- Notifies students of student teaching requirements and timelines
- Updates all tests and other requirements in the SOAR system
- Creates and maintains Clear Student Teaching spreadsheets for each student teaching cycle
- Notifies each RCPC of eligible student teacher or intern, providing student information and school site request
- Works with Credential Supervisor to create, staff and enroll students into appropriate student teaching and/ or internship courses and seminars
- Conducts Student Teaching Information Meetings prior to each student teaching cycle
- Conducts Student Teaching and Internship Orientations prior to each student teaching cycle or internship cohort
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- One (1) year of Credentials experience is preferred.
- One (1) year of office experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience working in an institute of higher education is preferred.
- Must have effective communication, problem-solving and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Must be flexible and receptive to change.
- Dependability is required to ensure excellent student service.
- Must be able to maintain a friendly and cooperative professional demeanor.
- Ability to present effectively to large groups.
- Ability to participate as an active team member of the team and organization and work toward a common goal. Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead.
- Accepts personal accountability, proactively seeks resolution for personal limitations head-on; and supports honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Actively seeks to influence, build effective relationships and gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives.
- Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes. Ability to generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that generate successful outcomes.
- Working knowledge, principles and practices of office management/systems within a higher education environment, preferred. Demonstrates an understanding of underlying organizational issues.
- Ability to drive towards achieving measurable and challenging goals to support organizational success. Demonstrates the ability to focus on achieving results consistent with the organization's objectives. As a leader, develops goals based on the organization's vision, mission, strategic goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individual of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Intermediate use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook. Experience using Student Information System (SIS) such as SOAR/Peoplesoft systems.
Travel No Travel Required
Candidate receiving offers will be offered a salary/pay rate commensurate with experience that vary based on a candidate's qualifications, skills, and competencies. Absent exceptional circumstances, candidates will be offered a salary within this range for this position. The minimum salary will be offered based on the minimum exemption threshold based on state of residency. Base pay is one component of National University's total rewards package, as we are dedicated to supporting the needs of the "whole you" with our holistic approach to employee benefits by offering comprehensive well-being benefits for you and your family. For full details about our benefit plan offerings, please visit benefits.nu.edu. For Part-time benefits, please click here.
Compensation Range:Hourly: $22.20 - $28.86
National University is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. National University employs more than 5,000 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, National University is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.