Associate Director, Alumni Engagement, Industry Communities
General Summary: The Associate Director, Alumni Engagement, Industry Communities is a key member of the Alumni Engagement Team and Office of Advancement.
As part of Booth’s lifelong learning and career advancement strategy for alumni, the Associate Director will embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and play a critical role in fostering and expanding Chicago Booth’s professional and industry networks for alumni. This position provides oversight and support to multiple alumni ambassadors and communities and identifies new opportunities to expand the breadth and depth of alumni engagement. This role will also increase pipeline development, alumni career connections, global alignment, and affinity connections, working towards increasing the percentage of alumni engaged and other key metrics. The Associate Director collaborates with team members and other departments to build relationships with alumni, students, and staff.
This position is based in Chicago, requires occasional non-traditional work hours, and up to 20% travel.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing, directing, and evaluating the vision for enhancing and expanding industry/sector alumni engagement worldwide.
- Leverage technology and social media platforms to enhance Chicago Booth industry communities and ambassadors.
- Partner with departments and colleagues across Chicago Booth to provide programming, events, and resources for alumni.
- Input and assess metrics and progress towards goals.
- Contribute to the advancement of alumni engagement at Chicago Booth by identifying, cultivating, stewarding, and soliciting philanthropic and volunteer support of alumni.
Volunteer Management and Coordination
- Engage in relationship and volunteer management activities, identifying interests, cultivating engagement, and connecting alumni to Chicago Booth. Manage a portfolio of alumni volunteers.
- Coordinate communication with alumni including collaboration with the Dean’s Office, Advancement Communications, Booth Marketing, and University Alumni Relations & Development.
- Partner across the organization within Booth Advancement, across Chicago Booth, with University Alumni Relations & Development, and other offices at the University.
- Plan, organize, and engage alumni based on industry communities via events and activities worldwide. Coordinate a segment of these events in partnership with volunteer leaders and ambassadors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in alumni relations, career services, corporate relations, development, staffing volunteer organizations, corporate sales, or marketing is required.
- Volunteer management experience is required.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and vision of Chicago Booth.
- Experience working in a campaign preferred.
- Working with global populations is preferred.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships across an organization required.
- Experience working with both internal and external partners is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, highly collaborative environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills are required, characterized by the ability to listen, to speak, and to write well, with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact required.
- This is a hybrid position that requires 3 days of on-site work per week.
- Willingness and ability to attend events outside of business hours required.
- Travel required.