(Hybrid) E-Commerce Administrator - Information Technology Services
Information Technology Services at West Virginia University is currently accepting applications for an E-Commerce Administrator.
About the Opportunity:
The E-commerce Administrator is responsible for the design, development, installation, implementation, modification, support, and decommission of new or existing E-commerce solutions. Functions may include short and long-term planning for E-commerce sites and point of sale devices, designing user interfaces, working with users to test, debug, and troubleshoot E-commerce solutions, assuring software and systems quality and functionality, integrating hardware and software components, writing and maintaining documentation, and ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year or more based on years of service (employee leave)
- 18 sick days per year (for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with E-commerce manager to create governance structures
- Work with vendor to plan and communicate E-commerce related platform upgrades
- Identify opportunities for growing and improving E-commerce platform and operations
- Maintain accurate documentation related to E-commerce systems
- Build virtual stores and marketplaces
- Provide training to end users of POS equipment
- Diagnose and correct problems related to the E-Commerce platform
- Understand all PCI-DSS compliance regulations
- Collaborate with internal audit and information security on PCI audits of E-Commerce sites and cashiering equipment.
- Work closely with campus community to grow E-commerce solutions
- Work closely with ITS and administrative teams associated with purchasing, student payments, refunds, and related technologies.
- Foster relationships with external partners, vendors, and industry experts to stay informed about best practices and innovations.
- Provide secondary support for point-of-sale hardware and software
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience in a relevant field
- A minimum of four (4) years of combined experience in the following:
- Practical, on-the-job experience in information technology. This experience should include communicating technical information to a non-technical audience. Strong preference for individuals with experience in a higher education setting supporting faculty, staff, and students.
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to understand the requirements and objectives of enterprise applications and translating needs into solutions
- Designing end-to-end solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements, considering integration, scalability, security, performance, and maintainability.
- Track record of successfully delivering enterprise-scale solutions.
- Experience supporting point of sales devices and systems, experience with systems administration, database reporting and desktop applications, and cloud applications
- Experience supporting an E-commerce related application and maintaining PCI-DSS Compliance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess complex situations and provide innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to follow and understand market trends and customer needs related to E-commerce
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders and build strong relationships.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU's academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Feb 6, 2024
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes