Assistant Director, Student Conduct - STA
Job ID: 268202
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning?
Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Responsible for upholding behavioral standards and investigating referrals for students and organizational misconduct. Assist with development and implementation of university policies, procedures, and training related to student conduct and academic integrity. Assist with adjudication and due process for student conduct matters, academic integrity, and administering student code of conduct policies and procedures in compliance with federal and state laws and the policies of the Board of Regents, University System of Georgia.
1. Investigates student misconduct allegations, including meeting with students and faculty/staff for consultation, education, and problem resolution
2. Serves as the university's hearing officer for general misconduct violations and some academic integrity cases as needed.
3. Assists with adjudication of higher-level disciplinary hearings when requested; these involve the possibility of suspension and/or expulsion from school
4. Communicates with students, faculty, and witnesses regarding information and evidence for hearings
5. Develops and implements communications, programs, and training for faculty, students, and staff that promote positive student behaviors and an understanding of and compliance with the Student Code of Conduct
6. Engages in extensive campus outreach, training, and collaboration with faculty, staff, and students
7. Collaborates with campus partners to develop and implement programming and initiatives that are responsive to misconduct trends
8. Trains KSU staff and student peer mentors who assist with student conduct programs
9. Assists with the development, interpretation, and administration of policy and procedure related to student conduct, including case intake, management, and workflow
10. Assist the Director with annual assessments and ad hoc reporting on student conduct work and programs
11. Assists with broader SCAI programs and initiatives as requested
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Higher Education Administration, or related field
Three (3) years of related work experience in higher education administration, or related field
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience working within a student conduct office
Prior experience working with the Symplicity: Advocate database
Experience providing specialized student advice and counsel
Ability to work collaboratively with staff, faculty, and students
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Successful track record in planning, coordinating, and completing large scale, detail-oriented projects and initiatives
Experience with creative and innovative educational programming
Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette