Director of the Lamberti Center for Entrepreneurship
The Harold Walter Siebens School of Business at Buena Vista University seeks a dynamic and ambitious individual who is committed to fostering innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship. We take pride in providing a transformational learning environment that prepares students for success in the ever-evolving world of business. As part of our commitment to entrepreneurship, we are seeking a qualified and experienced professional to join us as the Director of the Lamberti Center for Rural Entrepreneurship.
The Director will play a pivotal role in shaping the entrepreneurial landscape at Buena Vista University and throughout the region. This position includes oversight of all aspects of the Lamberti Center for Entrepreneurship and “The Foundry” business and learning incubator.
- management of entrepreneurship programming, events, and the Foundry
- manage projects that both support existing and new businesses and provide students with hands-on business learning opportunities; work with faculty who seek to incorporate projects into their classrooms
- support the internship program in the Siebens School of Business; establish and maintain partnerships with local businesses, industry leaders, entrepreneurial networks and alumni who support the program, provide internships, and offer project opportunities for students
- collaborate and network with internal and external stakeholders to champion entrepreneurship, provide opportunities for students and clients, and support the Siebens School of Business
- seek grant and philanthropic support
- mentor and assist in recruiting and retaining entrepreneurial students
- teach at least one class per semester in the business program
The successful candidate will join a group of innovative business faculty who have implemented a curriculum that emphasizes the practice of business and entrepreneurship. The Siebens School is committed to transforming students into exemplary business leaders and entrepreneurs by immersing them in a challenging business environment through course work, projects, simulations, workshops, and internships.
This is a twelve-month, annually renewable position. The start date is July 2024.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (business management, entrepreneurship, or closely related).
- Ability to lead the Entrepreneurship Center
- Professional experience in business, entrepreneurship, and small business development
- Ability to teach, advise, and guide the professional development of undergraduate students
- Ability to build relationships with students, alumni, entrepreneurial organizations, and the business community
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities
- Ability to foster entrepreneurship and innovation in a university setting
- Commitment to professional development and service to the institution
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level preferred
- Administrative and/or leadership experience preferred
- Terminal degree in a relevant business field preferred
To apply please submit:
- A letter of application detailing your qualifications and interest in the position
- Graduate school transcripts (photocopies acceptable with application; official copies will be required for appointment),
- Curriculum vitae including professional experience and a list of courses taught
- Contact information for three professional references (including title, address, e-mail address and phone number).
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
This position is not eligible for an employer-sponsored visa and all applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. A background check will be conducted on the final candidate. Buena Vista University is an EOE/ADA/Smoke-Free Employer, and especially welcomes applications from individuals who will contribute to any aspect of the university’s diversity.