External Posting Number: 20130500P
Position Number: SA.ACADADV3.AA.23
Position Type: Administration
Classification: Manager 2 - Administration
Department: Academic Advising
Work ScheduleThis regular, full-time position will work variable hours between 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with evening and weekend hours as needed by the department. This position will work primarily at the Battle Creek campus with travel to the Regional Centers as needed by the department.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the followingSee job duties below.
Position SummaryAdvisors provide students with information and assistance in course selection and initial discussions on career development, the development of academic plans, and interpretation of academic policies and procedures. Advisors participate in the facilitation of advising services at all sites. They provide educational planning and transfer support. May collaborate in off-campus recruiting events, efforts for retention and degree completion of occupational and transfer programs. Engage in professional development organizations and activities. Participate in the facilitation of training activities for advising.
Kellogg Community College is located in Battle Creek, Michigan, a community of approximately 54,000 people. Leisure activities, natural resources and learning opportunities provide a foundation for residents. Located along the I-94 interstate, Battle Creek is within 30 minutes of Kalamazoo, 60 minutes of Lansing and Grand Rapids and within three hours of Detroit, Chicago and Indianapolis.
At Kellogg Community College, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where we foster respect for others and our differences, support cultural understanding, demonstrate ethical behavior and champion social justice. We will accomplish this by:
- Deepening our understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion through learning, engagement with others and personal reflection;
- Valuing the lived experiences and perspectives of others while nurturing and understanding the differences between us;
- Rejecting all forms of prejudice, discrimination and racism; and
- Advancing integrity, justice and civility among and between us.
Physical DemandsThe job responsibilities are performed in an office area and presentation venues. Travel by car required. The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as independent mobility between work areas, sitting, stooping, bending, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (8 - 45 pounds). Typically requires regular use of one or more physical senses of medium intensity and long duration. Must meet reasonable deadlines, quotas or demands for accuracy, and may be involved in some mildly unpleasant situations.
- Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent, obtained from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of institutions of Higher Education.
- Working knowledge of FERPA.
- Verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate an understanding of active listening.
- Technical skills in Microsoft Office.
- Value customer service; experienced in working with a diverse population.
- Two to three (2-3) years of experience.
- Two (2) years of experience at a higher education institution or equivalent experience.
Preferred but not Required
- Master's degree (MA, MS, MBA) in academic majors related to service, organizational development or related field, obtained from an accredited college or university.
Proposed SalaryAccording to the Kellogg Community College Hay Administrative Compensation program, the 2023-2024 annual salary range for a Manager 2 position, $51,889 to $64,859 to start.
Special Instructions to ApplicantsAt this time, this position is open to internal and external applicants. To be considered, all required materials must be submitted no later than Monday, February 26, 2024, at 9:00 a.m. EST, and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required materials are submitted by the closing date and time. Only online applications will be accepted - any paper applications will be rejected and returned to the applicant. As part of the interview process, applicants will be given a skills test. If you have questions regarding our online application process, please call 269 565-2074 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
External Closing Date: 02/26/2024
External Closing Time: 9:00 a.m. EST
Internal Closing Date: 02/26/2024
Essential FunctionStudent Support
- Advise students in goal setting, decision-making and the development of educational plans.
- Evaluate and support students' academic progress.
- Provide advising to at-risk, culturally diverse, undecided, international, honor, and special needs students in all occupational and transfer degrees.
Essential FunctionStudent Assistance
- Assist students in the areas of career exploration/planning and issues related to student success.
- Provide information on how to access career assessments and research career options.
Essential FunctionStudent Advocacy
- Advocate for student regarding issues of academic challenge and concern as well as make referrals to appropriate departments and college resources.
Essential FunctionStudent Resources
- Research and develop resources that support academic success for all students including transfer.
Essential FunctionStudent Events
- Assist with events that support student success.
- Collaborate with academic departments on college initiatives.