Assistant Professor of Economics & Finance
About Russell Sage College:
Russell Sage College is a dynamic, comprehensive college of approximately 2,600 students. Through a strong liberal education curriculum and progressive academic programs, Russell Sage College serves traditional students and working professionals who pursue bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees on campuses in Troy and Albany, NY. Russell Sage College also offers online programs.
Aside from our generous benefits package, Russell Sage College offers its faculty and staff the opportunity to make a difference every day - in the lives of students and the future of our communities.
The Department of Management at Russell Sage College invites applicants to apply for a full-time Assistant Professor in Economics and Finance position to begin August 2024. This is a nine-month faculty appointment. The School offers undergraduate degrees in business and sports and recreation management, and master's degrees in Business Administration, Organization Management and Health Services Administration. This position will be expected to teach at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
The teaching load for this position is twenty-one (21) credits per year which is split over two semesters. At the undergraduate level, this full-time Assistant Professor will teach Principles of Microeconomics and Principles of Macroeconomics, Financial Management and Management Information Systems. There are various opportunities to teach electives such as Investments, Financial Markets and Institutions, and Economics of Social Problems. At the graduate level, this full-time Assistant Professor will teach Managerial Economics and Financial Management. In addition to the above required courses, there are opportunities to teach other electives chosen by this faculty member.
- Teach at the undergraduate and graduate level, engaging and mentoring students from diverse backgrounds in the learning process, responding to student questions, and holding office hours.
- Provide input on curriculum and new course development to ensure the delivery of quality programs.
The estimated base academic year salary for this position is $80,000, commensurate with experience.
- Ph.D. in Economics or Finance; or Ph.D. or DBA in Management and Master's Degree in Economics or Finance; or significant coursework in Economics and Finance to be academically qualified.
- 1-3 years of college level teaching experience.
- The ability to teach a wide variety of economics courses.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with competing demands and multiple deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.