(Hybrid) Office Administrator - WV Clinical & Translational Science Institute
The West Virginia Clinical & Translational Science Institute (WVCTSI) at West Virginia University is currently accepting applications for a (Hybrid) Office Administrator.
About the Opportunity
As a (Hybrid) Office Administrator, you will be responsible for supporting the approval processes for clinical studies and data use agreements at the WVU Health Sciences Center. You will assist with programmatic and customer support, facilitating clinical trials contracting, including routing inquiries, executing financial processing support tasks, providing customer service to investigators, and executing components of special projects. This position reports directly to the Director of Research Administration.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 15 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year (for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible, classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
Pay Grade: 16
What you'll do:
- Greet visitors and accept inquiries, routing them through the appropriate channels for efficient resolution.
- Coordinate components of program activities with direction from program leadership. May include events, meetings, program development, constituent outreach, data tracking, etc.
- Monitor contracting submissions for completeness, working with concierge and negotiation team to provide guidance to investigators on submission process.
- Provide support to include calendar management, meeting planning, and clerical support for contract negotiation team.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and completion of special projects as appropriate.
- Work independently drafting correspondence, memos, reports, and presentations as requested.
- Take detailed minutes from assigned meetings, facilitate review, and disseminate minutes to meeting participants.
- Prepare requisitions, make purchases, and provide proper documentation for approval and processing.
- Make procurement card purchases and complete reconciliation through MyExpenses.
- Prepare and verify Supplier (Vendor) registration through Mountaineer Marketplace.
- Coordinate travel and prepare travel settlement documents for staff members as needed.
- Serve as the front desk receptionist, greeting WVCTSI visitors and ensuring guests are connected with the appropriate staff while maintaining high standards of customer service.
- Work with administrative support team to ensure office coverage and high-level customer service across WVCTSI.
- Provide audio/visual assistance to staff and guests for meetings, presentations, and special events.
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day management of office supply inventory to include ordering supplies as needed by the project contracting team.
- Maintain and update electronic and hard copy filing systems.
- Contribute to process improvement by offering solutions for enhanced efficiency and customer service.
- Open and review incoming mail of the contracting team to determine nature of correspondence and routes to appropriate person; coordinate outgoing mail for the group.
- Maintain confidentiality as appropriate in written and verbal communications.
- Effectively organize and prioritize assignments to complete in a timely manner.
- Improve and maintain skills by participating in self-development activities such as seminars, workshops, and classes, particularly those related to WVU systems and processes.
- Comply with state, federal, and WVU/WVU Research Corporation policies.
- Bachelor's degree in office administration, business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience involving administrative and legal office support.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn program protocol.
- Strong communication skills in interacting with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Skilled at creating correspondence, reports, proposals, mailings, charts, graphs, forms, presentations, and memorandum.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated skills with WVU Purchase Card (P-Card) software as well as P-Card processing business practices and institutional policies.
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, practices, and protocol.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer utilizing various word processing packages such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. for reports, graphs, mailings and presentation development.
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate many different administrative tasks, determine relative importance of each, set deadline, and complete projects in a timely manner.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and edit correspondence and reports.
- Ability to troubleshoot independently.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram form.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply initiative in performing administrative work in a variety of subjects, programs, or projects.
- Ability to estimate, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to do mathematical reports and support of financial and accounting functions in conjunction with program and project controls.
- Ability to maintain proper unit attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to effectively address issues with several variables in standardized situations.
- Bachelor's degree in legal studies.
- Program support experience in higher education.
- Knowledge of standardized procurement software platforms.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU's academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Feb 5, 2024
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes