Associate Director, Scholarship Compliance - BSC Student Financial Aid
Job ID: 267954About Us
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning?
Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Plays a critical role in ensuring the integrity, compliance, and transparency of the scholarship programs within the university. Responsible for evaluating and auditing financial records, documentation, and processes related to scholarships awarded to students. The primary goal is to verify that scholarship funds are allocated appropriately, in accordance with established donor agreements, policies and regulations, and that recipients meet the eligibility criteria.
1. Executes a system of internal controls to ensure institutional scholarship operations are compliant with all relevant requirements
2. Identifies potential areas of scholarship compliance vulnerability and risk
3. Reviews and administers scholarships offered through the institution
4. Collaborates with scholarship committees, the foundation, and departments to assist with the scholarship processes
5. Works with committees to ensure selected students meet all eligibility requirements set forth in the donor agreement
6. Works with the foundation to review new donor agreements to ensure criteria can be met
7. Regularly reviews awardees to ensure compliance
8. Reviews and adjusts system set up in Scholarship Universe to ensure accurate pools
9. Reads, analyzes, and interprets agreements and provides departmental training
10. Reviews, develops, and implements policies and procedures to assure that the office provides understandable, useful, and timely information to, and communication with, students, faculty, staff, university administrators, and other constituents
11. Coordinates and communicates scholarship audit activities and results within the office
12. Maintains a database for all scholarship agreements, awards, and criteria
13. Assists in the implementation of new institutional scholarships
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field.
Four (4) years of relevant experience.
Preferred Educational Qualifications
An advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Successful track record in participating in the planning, coordinating, and completing of large scale, detail-oriented projects and events
Experience in understanding and analyzing detailed reports and providing effective presentations
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette