Assistant Director, Compliance, Athletics
Job ID: 268428About Us
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Ensures that the university's athletic programs adheres to all applicable rules, regulations, and policies set forth by governing bodies such as the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association), conference, university, or other relevant sports organizations. Responsible for overseeing and managing the compliance activities within the athletic department including monitoring and enforcing adherence to NCAA, conference, university, or other sports organization rules and regulations. Provides education on compliance issues to coaches, student-athletes, and staff, and assists in the development and implementation of compliance policies and procedures.
1. Responsible for staying informed and up to date about NCAA, university, or relevant sports organization rules and regulations, interprets implications, and provides guidance to coaches, athletes, and staff
2. Monitors NCAA, conference, and relevant sports organization rules and regulations; interprets, communicates, and provides guidance to coaches, athletes, and staff
3. Monitors systems (policies and procedures) to ensure adherence to university, conference, and NCAA regulations
4. Collaborates with other departments to develop and update compliance policies and procedures, staying in line with changes in NCAA or relevant sports organization rules
5. Communicates with coaches, administrators, and other relevant parties regarding compliance matters, changes in rules, and best practices
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in an appropriate area of specialization or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Two (2) years of related experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Member of the National Association for Athletics Compliance (NAAC)
Preferred Educational Qualifications
An advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
The budgeted salary range is $52,880 to $58,000. Offers are based on relevant experience.
Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of NCAA or relevant sports organization rules and regulations
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, analytical, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite, NCAA My Apps [Legislative Services Database, Requests/Self Reports, Eligibility Center, etc.])
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette