Senior Budget Analyst
Job ID: 268341
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Leads the budget development process including budget preparation, revenue projections, elective fees, five (5) year business plans and budget workbooks. Manages training needs related to budget preparation and processes. Coordinates training opportunities for department, business and budget managers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: -
1. Develops annual budget, budget workbooks, revenue projections and allocations
2. Analyzes SAS reports of budgetary data for discrepancies
3. Compiles detailed budget and financial analysis projects as required
4. Inputs position salary updates and prepares data imports and exports to and from the e-module
5. Develops analytical reports to monitor financial performance and budgets
6. Oversees and serves as a resource to budget office staff, and coordinates and assigns duties
7. Prepares, coordinates and reviews KSU's five (5) year business plans and mandatory fee submission for the Board of Regents (BOR)
8. Prepares elective fee submission for BOR including detailed analysis of miscellaneous fee revenue and expenditures as assigned
9. Analyzes fees to ensure compliance with BOR policy and recommends increases and/or decreases to fee amounts as appropriate
10. Analyzes and updates budgets for revenue-generating units
11. Coordinates and conducts training opportunities for business and budget managers
12. Researches and resolves inquiries related to budgets and processes
Bachelor's from an accredited institution of higher education in Accounting, Finance or related field
Seven (7) years related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
An advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Business, Finance, Public Administration or related field
The budgeted salary range is $66,760 to $72,000. Offers are based on relevant experience.
Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits.
Able to train non-financial managers as well as seasoned staff
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Extensive knowledge of budget preparation and development
Knowledge of business and financial management practices
Knowledge of advanced budgeting principles and practices
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, SAS, PeopleSoft Financials)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette