Manages and directs the day-to-day operations of a research center/institute or medium-sized department. Plans, coordinates, and supervises the operation and activities of the center/institute/department. Develops and implements policies and procedures, administers the budget, organizes tasks, and sets priorities.
HSC - Permian Basin
Department: Regional Dean Admin Ode
- Researches and identifies new government, corporate, foundation, and private funding prospects to match College priorities;
- Generates high-quality proposals, narratives, applications, and supporting documents in response to solicitations consistent with all policies and procedures of TTUHSC, and the requirements and guidelines of the funding agencies;
- Works with appropriate personnel to research, develop, write, and submit letters of inquiry, concept papers, and grant proposals;
- Coordinates and follows up on the progress of submitted proposals;
- Coordinates with the Finance to create expenditure and income budgets to accompany proposals;
- Develops and maintains a master file on pending grants and contracts;
- Remains up-to-date on current issues relative to grant proposals;
- Meets regularly with faculty/staff to discuss current and new funding needs;
- Become cognizant of regulations & other matters of compliance with all grants;
- Become familiar with and adhere to policies and procedures of TTUHSC and the State of Texas regarding grant management;
- Maintains confidentiality of information exposed in the course of business regarding students, supervisors, or other employees;
- Contributes to a safe educational and working environment by participating in all drills and training and being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur;
- Other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications
Bachelor's degree required, master's preferred; Six years progressively responsible management experience. Additional education beyond Bachelor's may substitute for experience on a year-for-year basis.
Prior grant writing and prior research experience are preferred.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan website.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. To view this report, visit the TTUHSC Clery Act website.
Pay Basis: Monthly
Pay Grade Minimum
Pay Grade Maximum
Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No