Assistant Director, Client Services & Engagement
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Staff
Type: Regular Full-Time
New York Institute of Technology's six schools and colleges offer undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in in-demand disciplines including computer science, data science, and cybersecurity; biology, health professions, and medicine; architecture and design; engineering; IT and digital technologies; management; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education founded in 1955, it welcomes nearly 8,000 students worldwide.
The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world. More than 112,000 alumni are part of an engaged network of physicians, architects, scientists, engineers, business leaders, digital artists, and healthcare professionals. Together, the university's community of doers, makers, healers, and innovators empowers graduates to change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
The Assistant Director of Client Services and Engagement for the NYC Campus is a key leadership position responsible for supporting the Director of Client Services and Engagement in delivering exceptional IT/AV support and service to students, faculty, and staff within New York Tech. This role plays a critical part in enhancing the overall client experience and ensuring the efficient operation of various IT support functions. This multifaceted role is also direct oversight to the IT/AV Field Service Operations teams in New York City. The Assistant Director of Client Services and Engagement collaborates with the Director of Client Services and Engagement as well as various departments to streamline support processes, stays informed about emerging technologies, implements best practices to enhance the overall user experience and fosters a collaborative and innovative team culture. Additionally, they develop and deliver training programs for their team members, contribute to continuous process improvement, and play a vital role in maintaining a technology-rich learning and working environment within the university.
- Provide oversight, leadership, and guidance to the IT/AV Field Service Operations team at the NYC Campus, including student workers; ensure prompt and effective resolution of IT/AV-related needs all while upholding a high standard of professionalism and customer service.
- Provide high-level technical guidance and hands-on support to resolve complex technology issues faced by students, faculty, and staff; collaborate with ITS staff to develop and maintain an efficient and responsive IT support ecosystem.
- Establish and nurture robust partnerships with academic departments and administrative offices to comprehend and address their IT/AV requirements and obstacles; serve as a bridge between ITS and other departments, ensuring smooth communication and effective issue resolution; foster collaborative efforts across functions to optimize support procedures, ensuring prompt issue resolution and a positive user experience.
- Direct and oversee desktop, mobile computer, and A/V media support for academic and administrative sectors. This encompasses tasks such as computer installation, upkeep, and problem-solving, as well as the management of MFPs, peripherals, audio-visual equipment, projectors, sound systems, and various classroom technologies. This responsibility also includes supporting and assisting with end-user hardware and software evaluations, specifications, and maintaining accurate and precise IT/AV software, hardware, equipment and supply inventories.
- Partner with the Client Services and Engagement leadership team to establish meaningful workflows, reports, dashboards, and other solutions to leverage the capabilities of ServiceNow, LabStats, ManageEngine and other endpoint management tools; utilize accessible data to formulate actionable strategies aimed at enhancing operational efficiency.
- Establish and maintain relationships with IT/AV service providers; negotiate service agreements to optimize resources and cost-effectiveness.
- Develop and deliver training programs for team members that enable them to expand their technical skills and customer service capabilities.
- Serve as a point of escalation for complex client issues, demonstrating exceptional problem-solving skills and a strong understanding of technical solutions with grace and empathy.
- Ensure compliance with data security and privacy regulations; promptly reports all security incidents or breaches to ITS security staff and other stakeholders to ensure they are quickly contained and remediated; implement and enforce ITS policies and procedures to optimum availability of resources and to safeguard university assets.
- Stay informed about emerging IT trends, technologies, and best practices to ensure the institution's technical support remains current and relevant.
- Represent the Director of Client Services and Engagement when s/he is not available.
- Perform other duties as needed by the department and defined by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field (Master's degree preferred).
- A minimum of five years' professional management experience in technical support, desktop support services, IT/AV management, or related roles, preferably in higher education. Additional work experience may be considered in lieu of advanced degree preference. Preference will be given to an experienced technical supervisor with strong leadership and team management skills, and the demonstrated ability to motivate, guide, mentor and professional grow a diverse team.
- Familiarity with administrative and academic IT/AV systems and software used in higher education.
- Strong technical experience in IT infrastructure, audio-visual systems, computing hardware, and general networking principles with the expectation of developing fluency in New York Tech specific systems/software over time; preference will be given to candidates who have a proven track record of success in providing advanced IT/AV support to meet classroom and event needs, including web video conferencing and live streaming.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills; ability to establish effective collaborative working relationships at all levels of the University.
- Proficient writing skills with the ability to produce high-quality written communications including outage notices, department documentation, training material, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects, and effectively prioritize to meet deadlines; ability to communicate progress/problems to appropriate personnel effectively.
- Must be detail-oriented, possess excellent customer service and problem-solving skills, and display a high degree of integrity.
- Must possess a high degree of proficiency and integrity relative to information security and broad knowledge of applicable data security/privacy practices and laws.
- Must be able to physically move and install computers, printers, AV equipment and other IT
peripherals in locations that may not have an elevator - up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to work nights and weekends on all New York-based campuses or remotely on an as-needed basis is required.
New York Institute of Technology offers numerous opportunities to enhance personal and professional growth and provides employees with a competitive compensation and benefits program inclusive of generous paid time off, holidays, tuition remission, and retirement plans with employer contributions.
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In compliance with local legislation as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, the annual base salary range for this position is listed. New York Tech considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate experience/expertise, education/training, key skills, geographic location, internal peer equity as well as market, organizational considerations and/or applicable collective bargaining agreement when extending an offer.