Teaching Instructor or Senior Teaching Instructor or Master Teaching Instructor or Teaching Assistant Professor - Kinesiology
The Department of Kinesiology, College of Health and Human Performance at East Carolina University seeks to fill one nine-month, fixed-term faculty position to begin Fall of 2024. The successful candidate will:
1) Teaching: To teach full-time in the undergraduate Exercise Physiology and Health Fitness Specialist degree options including but not limited course topics such as: a) intro to exercise physiology professions, b) group exercise leadership methods, c) resistance training for general population, d) strength and conditioning for athletes, e) program designing and evaluation, f) facility design and policy, and g) internships, practicums, and field experiences.
2) Mentoring/Advising: To provide professional mentorship for undergraduate students in the Exercise Physiology and Health Fitness Specialist degree options.
3) Service: To provide professional service to the department, university, community, and profession.
Contingent upon availability of funds.
Special Instructions To Application:
In order to apply, candidates must submit the following materials online at www.jobs.ecu.edu:
1) a cover letter/Letter of Intent including teaching, group exercise leadership, and student mentorship experience
2) a current curriculum vita,
3) contact information for three references,
4) a statement of their teaching philosophy.
- Official transcripts, two to three original letters of reference, criminal background check, and proper documentation of identity and employability are required at the time of employment.
- Please be aware that if selected as a candidate of choice, an automatic e-mail will be sent to the individuals entered by the applicant in the References section of the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system. Letters of reference submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system will be verified and considered towards meeting this requirement. For letters of reference not submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system, please have the original signed letters mailed to Lee Gaylord (KINE Search 937239) 1000 E. 5th Street, ECU, Rivers W 238, Mailstop 505, Greenville, NC 27858.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
A Master's degree in exercise physiology, kinesiology, exercise and sport science, or closely related field is required.
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 937239
Organizational Unit Overview:
The Department of Kinesiology is one of six academic units in the College of Health and Human Performance offering seven-degree programs: BS in Exercise Physiology, BS in Health Fitness Specialist, BS in Physical Education, BS in Sports Studies, MAEd in Physical Education, MS in Kinesiology and a Ph.D. in Bioenergetics and Exercise Science, with over 1300 majors and over 35 full-time faculty. Our internationally known faculty are collaborative, interdisciplinary, and successful in innovative teaching approaches and research that receives external funding. They enthusiastically engage our students in and out of the classroom through interactive lectures, research collaboration, community service projects, as well as other activities. Our distinct research labs support our academic programs as well as provide opportunities for faculty and student scholarship. Faculty and students research fields related to Exercise Physiology, Physical Activity Promotion, Biomechanics, and Motor Control, Adapted Physical Education, Exercise and Sport Psychology, Sport Management, and Pedagogy.