Registered Nurse (RN)
Division: College of Osteopathic Medicine
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Staff
Type: Regular Full-Time
New York Institute of Technology's six schools and colleges offer undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in in-demand disciplines including computer science, data science, and cybersecurity; biology, health professions, and medicine; architecture and design; engineering; IT and digital technologies; management; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education founded in 1955, it welcomes nearly 8,000 students worldwide.
The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world. More than 112,000 alumni are part of an engaged network of physicians, architects, scientists, engineers, business leaders, digital artists, and healthcare professionals. Together, the university's community of doers, makers, healers, and innovators empowers graduates to change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
The Academic Health Care Center is an ambulatory health care teaching institution under the auspices of the New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM) in Old Westbury, New York. The NYITCOM ambulatory health system is comprised of two health centers, one in Old Westbury (Academic Health Care Center) and one in Central Islip, NY (Family Health Care Center).
The function of the academic health centers is to provide primary medical care and specialty services to students, staff, faculty, and the general public. As part of the medical school, the health centers serve a major role as a vehicle for medical students to gain exposure to delivering medical care at an outpatient site. The variety of clinical specialties in which students can learn include family and sports medicine, osteopathic manipulative medicine, pediatrics, neurology, behavioral health and internal medicine. In addition to medical care the health centers also operate a rehabilitation center which includes physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy.
- Verify patient information by interviewing patients, recording medical history, confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepare patients for examinations by administering preliminary physical tests, taking vital signs and reporting patient history summary.
- Performs phlebotomy procedures, toxicology exams and EKG's.
- Review and processes lab requisitions and results within the electronic medical record.
- Ensure reports and all test results have been received prior to patient's arrival. Ensures abnormal test results, including critical and high priority, are assigned to ordering/covering provider as per policies.
- Works collaboratively with practice physicians to ensure efficient medical record documentation through use of EMR.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidentiality by completing and safeguarding medical records.
- Maintains safe, secure and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with OSHA regulations.
- Adhere to AHC HIPAA Compliance Program
- Other duties as necessary.
Certified Registered Nurse
Licensed Registered Nurse
Comfortable with pediatric poplulation.
Bilingual Spanish speaking a plus.
Excellent customer service skills with patients, and their families, other staff, physicians, vendors, and the public.
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In compliance with local legislation as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, the annual base salary range for this position is listed. New York Tech considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate experience/expertise, education/training, key skills, geographic location, internal peer equity as well as market, organizational considerations and/or applicable collective bargaining agreement when extending an offer.