Laboratory Technician - Department of Neuroscience
West Virginia University Research Corporation is currently accepting applications for a Laboratory Technician with the Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute Department of Neuroscience
About the Opportunity
The Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute is seeking to hire a motivated Laboratory Research Assistant to conduct imaging and behavioral studies. The successful candidate will support projects related to brain networks dynamics after stroke and during the processes of recovery. The lab uses several cutting-edge technologies to track and manipulate specific neuronal circuits, including in vivo multi-photon microscopy, optogenetics, and rodent behavioral testing.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
* 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
* 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
* A range of health insurance and various other benefits
* Dependent Education Scholarship
* WVU Perks
* And More!!
What you'll do:
- Assist with groundbreaking projects.
- Conduct research experiments in accordance with laboratory and safety protocols, this includes, but limited to; stereotaxic surgeries, in vivo multi-photon imaging, optogenetic stimulation, collecting behavioral data in awake behaving mice, and collecting tissues.
- Use computers and various analytic software to compute data.
- Works with other lab members and principal investigators to develop analysis plans and explore data.
- Bachelor's degree in science-related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 0-6 months of relevant experience
- Technical skills and expertise in an area of study, including, but not limited to, biology, neuroscience, and engineering.
- Experience in handling rodents in experimental settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with other researchers.
About Research Corporation
The WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
The WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for start-up companies based on University research.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic environment is core to WVURC's mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Feb 5, 2024
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes