Sustainability Engagement Coordinator
Requisition Number: S01666P:
Position Category: Staff
Campus Location: Weber State University - Ogden, UT
Hours Per Week: 40
Months Per Year: 12
Alternate Work Schedule:
Pay Grade: E31
Hourly Pay Rate:
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position will report to Weber State University's Sustainability Programs & Engagement Manager and will be responsible for managing the implementation of the Sustainability Practices and Research Center's (SPARC's) portion of the Campus Awareness & Engagement, and Community Awareness & Engagement sections of WSU's Sustainability Plan, especially coordination of the Intermountain Sustainability Summit, events, and assistance with community facing programs. This position will also be responsible for coordinating with WSU's Energy & Sustainability Office (ESO) to help WSU increase its Sustainability Tracking Assessment & Rating System (STARS) Campus, Community, and Inter-Campus Collaboration Engagement points so that WSU can work towards achieving its goal to be STARS Gold certified by 2025, and reach its goal to help the region strive for carbon neutrality by 2050.
- Serve as the primary organizer and manager of the Intermountain Sustainability Summit, an event serving regional sustainability professionals and emerging leaders, including development of the program, host partner coordination meetings, identify, attract and coordinate speakers, promote the event region wide, recruit and assist Eco Expo hall exhibitors, manage volunteers, and all logistics (rooms, food, A/V, etc.), as well as manage event registration, and attract and maintain ISS sponsors.
- Assist with management and implementation of community programs, working with community partners, local governments, and campus contacts to promote, and oversee student and staff volunteers to host related events.
- Manage the implementation of some elements of the SPARC's portion of the Campus Awareness & Engagement section of WSU's Sustainability Plan.
- Manage WSU's STARS Community Engagement data collection and reporting.
- Coordinate with SPARC director, manager and the ESO to help develop Campus and Community Awareness & Engagement strategic plans and ensure goals are met.
- Provide occasional sustainability-related classroom presentations for the staff, faculty, and students.
- Coordinate with SPARC director, manager and the ESO Office to run WSU's annual Sustainability Awards event in the spring.
- Coordinate with SPARC director, manager, ESO office, and student staff to help develop and maintain sustainability-related education/outreach materials including websites, brochures, newsletters, social media, campus signs, etc., and disseminate information about WSU's sustainability work as a podcast or in other audio/video formats.
- Manage one to two student interns/workers, and/or an AmeriCorps member, as well as limited-time volunteers
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in fields such as Sustainability, Environmental or Social Science/Studies, Geography, Political Science, Public Policy, Communications, Environmental Education, or Public Administration.
- One year of full-time related experience that may include the following: implementation of sustainability education/outreach programs, project management, management of volunteers or staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including but not limited to: technical writing, public speaking, and oral presentations.
- Strong organizational and detail oriented skills
- A creative and collaborative problem solver
- Two or more years of experience managing volunteers and/or staff
- Experience with STARS data collection and reporting
- Experience updating/creating websites, and/or newsletters
Background Check? Yes
WSU offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, a wellness program with release time and paid incentives, tuition benefits, free tickets to athletic and performing arts events, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Job Open Date: 02/01/2024
Review Date: 02/15/2024
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Notes to Applicant:
If you are passionate about what you could offer and accomplish here at WSU, we would love to hear from you! The annual salary for this position starts at $43,500 and may go up from there depending on candidate qualifications. The position comes with a generous benefits package.
To apply, please complete the online application and attach a cover letter, current resume, writing sample (other document 1), and the names and contact information for three professional references.
For qualification determination, your application and/or resume must address the required and preferred qualifications and must contain average number of hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be considered incomplete.
Screening of applications will begin February 15, 2024. Position will remain open until filled.
Criminal background check required as a condition of employment.
Physical Activity of this position: Expressing or exchanging ideas. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important instructions to other workers accurately or quickly. , Ability to receive detailed information with or without assistance., Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. - Keyboard use
Physical Requirements of this position: Light work. Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls exerting forces greater than that for sedentary work.
Visual Acuity Requirements including color, depth perception and field of vision: Required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; using a computer terminal; extensive reading., Required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position: None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
To apply, visit https://jobs.weber.edu/postings/21842