Coordinator of Customer Services
The primary purpose of the position is to provide administrative and managerial leadership to the Campus Recreation and Wellness Customer Service operation through oversight of the customer service desks and recreation management software. This position functions as the lead administrator for Recreation Service Attendants in regards to planning, scheduling, payroll, pass management, utilizing point of sale and program registration software, inventory control, cash handling, budgeting, organization, personnel, verifying data, report writing, summarizing and reconciling information/financial data, records management, data collection, personnel administration, and implementation of critical administrative functions for Customer Service operations. This position will report to the Senior Assistant Director of Communications & Promotions.
The Coordinator of Customer Services is also responsible for the coordination and support of CRW customer experience programs and initiatives that ensures a world-class customer experience. Assisting with the research, collection, database administration and analysis of customer data and feedback.
Essential Job Functions
Talent Management (40%)
- Recruit, onboard, supervise, and evaluate multiple part-time student Recreation Service Attendants.
- Coach career growth by providing various methods of continuing education opportunities.
- Provide an environment that supports strengths-based learning through ongoing coaching conversations.
- Deliver frequent praise and recognition for excellent work.
- Create an environment where employees feel heard and appreciated for their contributions.
- Role model a management style that promotes well-being and self-care.
- Maps the CRW customer journey and identify opportunities to proactively intervene.
- Responsible for bridging the gap between customers and the CRW brand to ensure that the touchpoints across the customers' journey are engaging, efficient and effective.
- Champion opportunities to improve the overall Campus Recreation and Wellness experiences.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with members and prospective members.
- Responsible for managing guest passes.
- Guides facilities frontline teams in effective customer issues resolution and handle any escalations.
- Documents processes and logging technical issues, as well as customer compliments and complaints.
- Responds to customer queries in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist with assessment of facility operations.
- Assists with development and annual reviews of rules and regulations related to member eligibility and access control.
- Oversight of CRW's recreation management system (Fusion) to meet the needs of program registration, scheduling, membership enrollment and renewals, the tracking of member visits and transactions, and equipment check-out.
- Manage and input departmental program offerings to maintain consistency among units.
- Install software on workstations as needed.
- Maintain knowledge and skills related to software by going to conferences, participating in webinars, and virtual trainings.
- Manage access to the Eakin Student Recreation Center and Health Science Campus Recreation Center.
- Manage lost and found / abandoned property in Campus Recreation & Wellness spaces.
- Conduct routine checks as it relates to the washers and dryers.
- Maintain adequate inventory of towels and equipment.
- Cash Management: Oversee daily transactions, cash reconciliation, Point of Sales, program registration.
Master's degree required; or Bachelor's and 2 years of related experience.
CPR/AED and First Aid certification or the ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date.
North Carolina Driver's License or the ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date.
Experience in financial transactions, cash handling, and reconciliation.
Demonstrated experience with facility management, scheduling, and workflow software.
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 921571
Organizational Unit Overview:
The Division of Student Affairs actively supports the University's missions of education, research, and service by providing comprehensive programs and services to assist each student in developing intellectually, socially, morally, and culturally. The Division anticipates students' developmental needs throughout their collegiate experiences and promotes students' development by fostering a community of learning, which encourages individual student involvement and participation. The Division of Student Affairs provides a broad range of support services, activities, and programs that seek to: Assist students in developing respect and appreciation for individual differences, interpersonal civility, and human rights. Enhance the learning environment, facilitate retention, and optimize the student experience. Accommodate the diverse needs of all students. Support a community environment that is welcoming, safe, and secure. Assist students in meeting their basic needs for housing, nutrition, and physical and emotional well-being. Provide the means for students to become active participants and leaders in their own learning. Assist students in developing logical thought processes and sound decision-making skills. Assist students in developing an appreciation of the arts. Moreover, the division seeks to contribute to the development of the whole individual by fostering in each student a deeper appreciation of the importance of life-long learning, individual responsibility, and human diversity. Through collaboration, the division provides programs and services that are grounded in theory, assessment, and sound practice.
Campus Recreation and Wellness (CRW) at East Carolina University engages the Pirate Community in diverse recreational and wellness experiences by providing exceptional facilities, programs, and services. CRW manages four flagship facilities, including two indoor and two outdoor locations. Indoor facilities include the Eakin Student Recreation Center, a state of the art 150,000 square foot facility located on ECU's main campus, and a 30,000-square-foot recreation and wellness center inside the 76,000-square-foot student center ECU's Health Sciences Campus. The North Recreational Complex, a 129-acre sports complex that includes eight sports fields, a six-acre lake, disc golf course, boathouse, walking/jogging trails, outdoor fitness equipment, sandy beach area, beach volleyball courts, and an Odyssey challenge course and the 18-acre Blount Recreational Sports Complex round out the outdoor facilities.