Program Coordinator, Flagstaff (Part Time .80 fte) (Extended Temporary)
Posting Number: req18532
Department: Coconino County Office
Location: County Extensions and Farms
Address: 2304 N. 3rd St, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 USA
Position HighlightsThe Program Coordinator will support Extension outreach efforts. Tasks will include implementing agricultural literacy education programs, and supporting other Extension efforts including Master Gardener, 4-H, and FCHS programming. The applicant must be able to travel across northern Arizona and make presentations to recruit participants for Extension programs. .80 fte.
This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement agricultural literacy outreach programs for Coconino County and northern Arizona.
- Coordinate and implement immersive agricultural experiences for educators, including visits to agriculture production sites.
- Recruit teachers, educators, and other community members to participate in Extension programs.
- Support Extension program efforts as directed, including Master Gardener, 4-H and FCHS programming.
- Manage hybrid online/in-person educational programs and learn to use the University of Arizona D2L system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of agricultural production in northern Arizona.
- Able to manage informal educational programs.
- Familiarity with networks of classroom educators, public school districts, private/charter schools, and other northern AZ formal education efforts.
- Familiarity with managing online content.
- Able to implement established Extension programs, or similar educational experience.
- Able to intermittently work weekends and evenings.
- 1 year of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Experience with northern Arizona agricultural production, schools, and other Extension stakeholders.
- Experience with public speaking and outreach.
- Applicant must be able to travel across northern Arizona and make presentations to recruit participants for Extension programs.
- Must have a valid driver's license and ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 32
Job FTE: .80
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Outreach and Community Engagement
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $20.33 - $25.41
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Agriculture & Extension
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Expected End Date: 11/14/2025
Contact Information for Candidates
Josh Farella, email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.