Senior Admissions Counselor
Harcum College in Bryn Mawr, PA, a leader among the nation's independent, two year colleges, has an opening for a . Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management, this position will recruit prospective students to the college and manage applications for various programs. The candidate will be energetic and professional working as part of a successful Admissions team. Also, this candidate will be responsible for overseeing a large numbers of programs so prior experience in Admissions is required.
- Planning, managing, and conducting recruitment and counseling activities in a specific geographic territory.
- Developing and implementing strategic plans for the recruiting territory using basic research skills with web and PC-based technologies.
- Managing follow-up communication to prospective students, parents and guidance counselors.
- Recruitment traveling including high school visits and college fairs.
- Developing school/guidance counselor relations.
- Reviewing applications.
- Interviewing prospective students.
- Assisting in the organization and coordination of open house and other on-campus events.
- Participating in on and off-campus functions designed to meet application and enrollment goals.
- Developing and maintaining electronic contact with prospective students.
- Other duties may be assigned by the VP dependent on the experience of the individual chosen and the needs of the office.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years experience.
- Prior experience working in postsecondary admissions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and leadership skills required.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated organizational skills related to program/project management essential. A valid driver's license required.
- Knowledge of Powercampus and Microsoft Office is helpful.
- 30% daytime and evening travel required. Also, some weekends are required.
ABOUT HARCUM COLLEGE
Harcum College is an independent, coeducational, fully accredited, residential college. The College offers associate degrees in allied health, business and social science, as well as certificates and a variety of continuing studies programs.
Founded in 1915 it was the first college in Pennsylvania chartered by the state to offer the associate degree. Today Harcum has career-informed degree programs on its Bryn Mawr Campus programs online and at Partnership Sites throughout the region, serving approximately 1,000 students.
Harcum provides quality instruction from faculty, close student-faculty collaboration, small class sizes, and individualized support services.
Harcum College offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement benefits and tuition coverages. The salary will be commensurate with experience.
Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration of employment.
Harcum College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.