Associate Director of International Student Recruitment
Director of Student Recruitment
Reporting to the Director of Student Recruitment, the Associate Director works as part of a team to enable the Office of University Admissions to meet its enrollment goals. The incumbent is responsible for the development and execution of strategic outreach to international students, including implementation of recruitment and marketing initiatives, communication campaigns to prospective international students, interacting with agents and other external vendors, and ensuring the timely processing of applications from international students. The Associate Director is primarily responsible for serving international students (undergraduate and graduate); however, all members of the admissions team are expected to be generalists and have the ability to recruit and serve both domestic and international students. This position requires regular, weekend, and evening hours.
- Strategize with the Executive Director of University Admissions and the Director of Student Recruitment to devise and implement an annual international student recruitment plan and yield activities.
- Manage a comprehensive schedule for in-person and/or virtual international student recruitment activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with third-party international student recruitment agents.
- Serve as a liaison to various on-campus departments, and provide support to academic deans, faculty and staff members regarding their international recruitment and admissions efforts.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Office of Global Initiatives to ensure all processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Represent the university at international recruitment events (in-person or virtual). Prepare and deliver presentations about the university and provide prospective students with information about academic programs, admission procedures, and policy.
- Manage and maintain content on international social media (Facebook, WeChat, etc.) and NJIT international admission webpages.
- Counsel prospective international students and their families on admission policies and procedures and other enrollment-related information.
- Provide appropriate follow-up to all students in attendance at recruitment events.
- Review applications and make admission decisions in compliance with the university's admission policies.
- Maintain tracking information on students in all stages, from inquiry through enrollment.
- Prepare regular year-to-date and final progress reports for the Director of Student Recruitment to monitor status of applicants, activities and projects.
- Assist the University Admissions leadership team with improving international student operational procedures and admission related policies, international student recruitment publication materials, as well as collaborations with external groups regarding international student recruitment.
- Contribute to the success of the Office of University Admissions by advising and assisting the Director of Student Recruitment in all aspects relating to the recruitment and admission of students and by performing all other essential duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Minimum of five years of recruitment/admissions experience in higher education.
- Minimum of four years of international recruitment experience in higher education.
- Possess strong marketing, recruitment, project management and relationship building experience;
- Strong analytical skills for reading applications, answering questions, and strategizing recruitment territory and travel schedule.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills to support relationship building with prospective students and other constituents.
- Valid driver's license, passport and personal vehicle are required to perform job functions;
- Availability to work regular weekend and evenings to participate in recruitment events.
- Extensive year-round travel is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and experience with websites and social media sites.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
- Master's degree.
- Knowledge of immigration regulations and demonstrated working knowledge of the policies and guideline for SEVIS pertaining to international students on F-1 and J-1 visas.
- Experience working in a STEM-based, public university or school with large number of international students.
- Familiarity with Slate, Banner, ISSM, and SEVIS.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of the students and offer appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work independently, exercise discretion, and assume responsibility.
- Ability to present the University to individual students as well as large diverse audiences in a positive manner.
- Fluency in a foreign language.
As an EEO employer, NJIT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and strongly encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women.
As a Minority Serving Institution and Asian-American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, diversity is a core value of NJIT and we are committed to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, part of everything we do. We celebrate the diversity of our university community and recognize the cultural and personal differences each member of the community brings to NJIT. We strive to cultivate an inclusive campus culture that promotes excellence among our faculty, staff and students. Building a robust and diverse community is critical to NJITs continuing status as a premier institution of higher education and a leading polytechnic university.
To apply, visit https://njit.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/6696?c=njit