Overnight Operations Coordinator
Providing Customer Service at Uncommon Times
The Overnight Operations Coordinator is responsible for the night time operations and management of the Housing Services Desk. The successful candidate will assist in the supervision of overnight student staff, supporting the Assistant Director for Housing Services and Desk Operations by providing onboarding and training for student staff. When the desk is not covered by student staff, the Overnight Operations Coordinator provides excellent customer service in responding to concerns and questions received by Housing Services, including serving as a point of contact for after-hours assistance with Facilities, Housing Services, and Residential Well-being operations. So, if you're open to a later night schedule and have customer service skills, please keep reading.
Here's what you need to know about the role:
1) You'll be joining the Housing Services team; a department centered on supporting students in their on-campus environment by providing excellent customer service, providing good information, and routing needs to the right area or on-call personnel.
2) You'll be reporting to the Assistant Director for Conference Services and Operations in a Regular twelve-month, university staff role.
3) You'll be responsible for direct customer service delivery, handling routine matters overnight or calling out to on-call staff for routine and emergency needs. You'll also work with our guest dining program and conference billing.
4) You'll have the chance to grow and take advantage of a developmental plan with opportunities to advance within the department and the division.
5) You'll be offered a base compensation package along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes health insurance, paid leave, retirement, tuition assistance, VT discounts, and so much more!
- Must be able to work an alternative work schedule (i.e. nights and weekends).
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, prioritize and perform multiple functions with frequent interruptions.
- Experience in handling occasional difficult situations or customers who have a conflict with policies or services rendered.
- Previous experience and knowledge of accounting principles to manage invoices, accounts payables/receivables, reconciliation of payment, and performance of self-audits and participating in required university reviews/audits.
- Bachelor's degree in business, customer service, hospitality & tourism management, or equivalent education and/or experience preferred.
- Experience with billing activities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel) and database applications.
- Experience with Banner enterprise management system, StarRez Housing Software, or similar software packages.
Salary $42,000 - $45,000/year and commensurate with experience
December 12, 2023
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as a driving check with a safe driving record.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Sarah Schuster at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
About Student Affairs:
Student Affairs at Virginia Tech fosters a community where each student creates a customized experience to meet their goals. Building on our motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice our Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our ongoing efforts to increase access and inclusion and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth. We are actively seeking people to join our community and help us prepare leaders for the world. Our people in Student Affairs are committed to student well-being and assuring that all students Experience VT by demonstrating, supporting, and operationalizing our Aspirations for Student Learning. If you are someone dedicated to ensuring student success, then we want you to consider being a part of our team!