The successful Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing the safe usage of the VTTI Smart Roads. Will work closely with VTTI personnel, sponsors, and outside entities to weigh competing interests, and facilitate an effective facility use schedule. Maintains positive interactions with all stakeholders.
The Project Manager will plan, schedule, track, and facilitate research and administrative facility utilization. The ability to simultaneously manage many separate projects and tasks is imperative. Shifting tasks as necessary to address unexpected issues while minimizing disruption to other tasks, is required. The Project Manager will independently perform most assignments with instructions for global objectives and general expected results. The Project Manager will be directly responsible for day-to-day management of the Smart Roads facility. This management includes 1) optimizing facility use and safe operation, 2) managing a team of Smart Roads operators. 3) Monitoring the service center and insuring road use is billed accurately.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Psychology, Industrial engineering or related field with significant professional experience or Master's degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Good writing skills, particularly with respect to report writing and editing
- Creative, independent, and highly motivated
- Strong communication skills
- Strong work habits, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Strong organizational skills to facilitate and coordinate completion of multiple tasks and administrative duties
- Demonstrated evidence of effective documentation habits.
- Experience in conducting complex research projects in an academic or industrial environment
- Experience in transportation management
- Experience in facility management
Commensurate with experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Erin Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.