College Corps Administrative Support Coordinator (Temporary)
Job No: 533815
Work Type: Staff
Location: East Bay
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Temporary, Full Time
Salary and Benefits
PLEASE NOTE: The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $3,610.00 per month to $4,200.00 per month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 14 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit our benefits website. The CSU Total Compensation Calculator demonstrates the significance of our benefits package.
This position may be eligible to participate in the Cal State East Bay hybrid telecommute program subject to management approval.
Administrative Support Coordinator I
About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
About the Position
This is a full-time, grant funded, temporary position through June 30, 2024 with the possibility of re-appointment.
The College Corps Administrative Support Coordinator (ASC) will be responsible for supporting and maintaining administrative functions related to the grant-funded College Corps program, funded through the Governor's Office of California Volunteers and housed in the Center for Community Engagement. These functions include administrative oversight, processing, and documentation related to student participation, student compensation, travel reimbursements, student timesheets and service hours, events, as well as monitoring, reconciling, and reporting on budgets and expenditures related to the College Corps grant. The ASC will be responsible for communicating with various departments such as Research and Sponsored Programs, Accounting, Accounts Payable and Financial Aid to ensure payments and processes are complete and accurate. The ASC will be responsible for preparing informational resources and documents for students and community partner organizations, and communicating with students/partners about processes and documents.
Student and Community Partner Administration:
- Function as campus America Learns liaison (external platform required by grant funder).
- Onboard students and partners into America Learns.
- Prepare master documents/student information and participation tracking (from recruiting, through application period, through program completion).
- Confirm student program eligibility and status (requires regular communication with Financial Aid).
- Track and approve student hours in America Learns platform and supporting timesheets.
- Prepare and disseminate student and partner information and resources regarding administrative processes around student program hours, including through emails, Zoom/phone calls, meeting with students/partner directly, and student orientation.
- Update the Canvas platform as needed with student information and administrative requirements
- Communicate with community partner organizations around America Learns platform, training, and hours approval.
Administrative/Payroll for Students:
- Maintain and submit spreadsheets and files for monthly student living allowances.
- Confirm student eligibility for monthly living allowances by reviewing and confirming student program hours.
- Prepare and track travel authorizations and required forms for travel reimbursements.
- Track and process monthly travel reimbursements for students.
- Initiate and maintain communications with relevant administrative departments as needed for processing payments, determining processes, and other program needs.
- Prepare and disseminate student information and resources regarding administrative processes for compensation, including through emails, Zoom/phone calls, meeting with students directly and Canvas.
- Ensure completion of payments; troubleshoot as issues arise.
Fiscal and Budget Administration:
- Submit grant Quarterly Reporting through America Learns.
- Prepare budget spreadsheets for tracking multiple College Corps funding streams, expense chart fields and internal allocations.
- Track grant expenditures across the multiple department collaborators.
- Review quarterly fiscal reports and ledgers for grant invoicing and reporting in collaboration with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. Ensure that actual expenditures and encumbered amounts are reflected appropriately.
- Prepare budget updates as requested.
- Ensure compliance with both California Volunteers (funder) and Cal State East Bay internal policies and procedures; assist with response to and documentation for compliance inquiries.
Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
- A fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices.
- An ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic.
- Ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages.
- Proficiency in fiscal analysis and tracking techniques; ability to provide financial analytical support as needed to support decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate professionally and prepare professional correspondence.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in tasks and problem-solving.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and independently manage multiple complex projects and assignments.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and apply appropriate situational judgment and discretion.
- Strong proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to learn quickly, and use software and web based platforms.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and collaborate professionally and effectively with cross-functional teams.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Several years of related office work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or additional equivalent work experience.
- Equivalent to two or more years of experience in fiscal/budgetary support for a program or an organizational unit.
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet applications (e.g., Excel).
Condition(s) of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website here.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available here.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.