Community Engagement Coordinator
Delaware Valley University is accepting candidates for Community Engagement Coordinator in our Continuing and Professional Studies department.About the University
Founded in 1896, DelVal is an academically rigorous interdisciplinary university dedicated to the sciences and liberal arts. Today, its more than 1,000 acres of land is a testament to the University's mission to provide a functional, hands-on learning environment for students, serving as an outdoor classroom for several fields of study. DelVal offers students a wide array of undergraduate, graduate and continuing education degree programs and is one of the few higher education institutions that requires an experiential learning component that is award-winning. DelVal has received numerous accolades including being named to Princeton Review's 2022 "Best in the Northeast" and U.S. News & World Report's 2022 "Best Regional Universities-North" lists. Nestled in Bucks County, PA, known for its picturesque landscapes, DelVal is only 30 miles north of Philadelphia, and is easily accessible by regional rail located on campus.Job Summary:
Under the direction of the Director of Continuing and Professional Studies, the Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for establishing, growing, coordinating, and delivering non-credit community-focused programs within the Continuing and Professional Studies department in the School of Graduate and Professional studies. The coordinator supports the operations of departmental initiatives focused on new non-credit programs and manages and maintains current programs, including programs offered by the Center for Learning Retirement.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, and coordinate Continuing and Professional Studies volunteers and non-credit instructors.
- Coordinate the establishment, growth, and delivery of year-round non-credit community-focused programs within the Continuing and Professional Studies department.
- Supports the operations of the departmental initiatives focused on new non-credit programs, including recruiting instructors, assisting in the development of programs, and establishing new community partnerships and affiliation agreements.
- Manages and supports current programs, including programs offered by the Center for Learning Retirement.
- Establish affordable and competitively priced lifelong learning and personal enrichment opportunities for the community.
- Ensures quality by conducting participant satisfaction surveys and market research to make informed recommendations based on feedback and data.
- Manages career training and professional development programs, including application management, program scheduling, participant communication, recordkeeping, and reporting.
- Work with the director on professional development and training initiatives in collaboration with industry partners to fulfill the needs of area businesses and the community.
- Represent the university at in-person and virtual community events.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ideal candidates must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be committed to expanding community partnerships, one of the university's strategic pillars.
- Knowledge of continuing education practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles related to group leadership skills and an understanding of group dynamics.
- Knowledge of adult programming in higher education.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of course scheduling technology.
- Working knowledge of eCommerce technology such as TouchNet Marketplace.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to think creatively and be resourceful.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and networking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret competitor strategies and consumer behavior.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Counseling, or academic field related to the essential duties.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of related experience required.
- Previous experience advising, teaching, or event planning is strongly recommended.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Occasionally lifting 25 lbs. or less.
- Typically standing or walking.
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.