ASSISTANT / ASSOCIATE PROFESSORS (2) / Business Analytics, Data Science, and MIS / UMKC HW Bloch School of Management
UNIVERSITY of MISSOURI-KANSAS CITY /
HENRY W. BLOCH SCHOOL of MANAGEMENT
Tenure and Tenure Track Positions /
Business Analytics, Data Science and MIS
Department of Entrepreneurship and Management
The Bloch School enrolls approximately 1900 undergraduate and graduate students and also offers extensive non-credit programming through executive and continuing education. The Bloch School has approximately 60 full-time faculty and also partners with a talented group of adjunct faculty, many of whom who are in leadership roles at organizations in the region.
The school is committed to providing outstanding educational experiences for a broad range of students. We serve professionals and executives who are focusing on further developing their capabilities while fully engaged in a demanding career. We serve undergraduate students who are focused on developing skills for their first professional assignment. We serve experienced professionals seeking to make a career change. And we serve students pursing specialized graduate degrees and certificates.
The Bloch School has developed strong partnerships with corporations, start-ups, non-profits, and governmental organizations throughout the Kansas City region. Our partners are engaged with the Bloch School by serving on Advisory Boards, supporting career programs, engaging in the classroom, and providing opportunities for internships and experimental learning. We strive to support our partners by offering programs designed to meet their talent development needs.
The Bloch School, with both AACSB and NASPA accreditation, is committed to offering innovative programs and to ensuring students have access to outstanding career and student support services, vibrant student organizations, and opportunities to engage in global business experiences.
Assistant or Associate Professor - 2 positions
The Henry W. Bloch School of Management at the University of Missouri-Kansas City is seeking applications from outstanding candidates for 2 faculty members for tenure-track or tenured positions in business analytics, data science, and MIS. Consideration will be given to candidates for assistant and associate professor positions. We welcome applicants from outside the business school but require that applicants come from an institution where the business school is accredited by AACSB.
* Candidates must demonstrate expertise in areas central to the business world's growing focus on business analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and application of technology within industry contexts.
* Candidates must offer evidence of instructional effectiveness and demonstrate the potential to effectively utilize different teaching modalities and to address the needs of students from across a broad portfolio of programs and students from all parts of our community.
* Evidence demonstrating the capability to publish in high-impact journals
- For more senior candidates, the candidate must have an established and active research program with a significant portfolio of high-impact publications.
PhD or DBA in business or a related discipline with a focus on business analytics, data science, and MIS.
ABDs will be considered. However, the doctoral degree must be completed by the start date.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with rank, credentials, experience, and success in externally funded research.
For consideration, you must apply online at www.umkc.edu/jobs, click in Academic Positions (Job Opening ID 49495), Apply Now.
Please complete the application and provide the following:
* cover letter describing the candidate's ability to meet stated qualifications for the position, teaching/mentoring philosophy, applicable experience, and any evidence of success in externally funded research which may qualify you for faculty position
* curriculum vitae
* copies of publications and/or links to the same (if any
- a current list of at least 3 professional references
* If you are experiencing technical problems during application, please email email@example.com .
* For questions about the positions, contact 816-235-1228 and provide the Job Identification number 49495
- Reasonable accommodations may be requested during the application and recruitment process. If you need an accommodation, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure each person's success. Contributions from individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of teaching, research and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations. For more information, visit https://www.umsystem.edu/ums/hr/eeo or call Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Office of Equity & Title IX at 816-235-6910.
We offer full healthcare benefits that start day one, generous paid time off, paid winter break, and continuing education benefits. Visit our Total Rewards page to learn more.
Also, explore the Total Rewards website to learn more about the rewards package we offer to acknowledge our employees as the university's most important resource.
The UM System supports employees and their families who choose to continue their education. Full-time faculty and staff who choose to pursue or continue their college education-as well as eligible spouses and dependents-can receive assistance at any of the universities within the UM System. Visit our website for more information Tuition assistance | University of Missouri System (umsystem.edu)