Director of Marketing & Public Relations
North Central Texas College is accepting applications for: Director of Marketing & Public Relations: Gainesville Campus: Full-Time: Full Benefits Eligible: Salary is $70,626
The purpose of the Director of Marketing & Public Relations is to develop communications, programs and explore initiatives that promote the brand of the institution for the realizations of:
- Increasing enrollment across all pathways/channels
- Increasing awareness of institutional programs, goals, achievements and opportunities among communities, organizations and governmental interests
- Increased standing amongst institutions, industry and agencies to position the school as a leader and prospective partner or recipient of assistance
Manage internal programs, personnel and expectations to deliver best-possible outcomes for timely production of projects, increased performance and communications across channels with the overarching goal of “raising the bar” in each piece/plan/process/idea we touch.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares advertising for digital, print, social and video channels.
- Reviews and guides monthly media spend for NCTC general, CTE,
- Tech Hire Workforce recruitment.
- Plans and forecasts institution’s outreach to bolster brand image and awareness.
- Develop new graphic design projects and elements for print, digital media, videos and web presentations
- Managing brand including overseeing design and narratives as produced by staff
- Research, discussions, review of programs, initiatives and requests from faculty, staff, admins to ascertain best promotional responses, opportunities and processes.
- Review and develop internal communications opportunities to bolster institutional performance.
- Research, discussions, and participation with external market makers including institutions, industry leaders, professional organizations and cohorts.
- Directs the marketing, advertising and web manager, handles all related administrative work, provides branding and technology leadership for specialist for news media, graphic design, webmaster, and reprographic manager, helps coach all staff as needed for creation of products.
- Directs creation of marketing and fundraising materials, advertising campaigns and digital platforms, and video productions.
- Oversee and manage the Marketing and Public Relations budgets to ensure that funds are expensed efficiently and effectively.
- Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change based on the needs of the department and the institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or closely related field including journalism, graphic design, public relations or public affairs.
- Eight (8) years related experience:
- Design/Content Development
- Agency/Departmental Management
- Higher Education marketing experience either at the community college or university level. Understanding of and experience with multiple forms of communication preferred
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of fundamental marketing tenants for promotion, sales, mgmt. and reporting
- Knowledge of media channels (including social) for optimal usage & return
- Knowledge of either private industry or higher-ed communications practices and expectations
- Knowledge of organizational components/skills/positions for agency/department success
- Knowledge of mechanical, software and mediums for marketing/design/copy/content development
- Skills/proficiency in development of design, content (copy, visuals) and multimedia projects/components
- Knowledge of management/interaction tools and methods for development and performance
- Skills in development of campaign structures, planning and implementation communication
- Skills in structuring reporting, response and proposals for organizational achievement
- Knowledge of software tools including CRM, Creative Suite, Database Development
- Strong graphic design, social media, video skills preferred
Subject to criminal background check. Resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript required in addition to application. Salary is $70,626. Based on the Gainesville Campus. Travel between campuses is to be expected. Hours may be adjusted to best meet the needs of the department.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE