Assistant Professor of Business Administration – Economics and Finance
POSITION: Assistant Professor of Business Administration – Economics and Finance
DEPARTMENT: Business Administration, Accounting and Economics
STARTING DATE: August 2024
SALARY: Competitive for entry-level appointment
CONTRACT: Nine-month, tenure track contract
TIMELINE: Screening of applications begins November 10th and continues until the position is filled.
Master’s degree, MBA, or ABD in business-related field, with coursework or experience in finance and economicso Evidence of successful college-level teaching in business and/or professional business experience
o Ability to teach multiple courses across all levels of business finance, with substantial teachingopportunities in economics and potential for other business classes; exact course load is negotiable within the department’s curriculum
Doctorate or ABD in business-related field, specializing in finance or economics, or Masters with CFA or CFPo Desire to teach courses at all levels of a business finance curriculum, including, but not limited to business finance, business data analytics, financial modeling, financial statement analysis and security valuation, financial markets and modern money, bank management, and portfolio managemento Additional interest in teaching some principles level courses in economics and/or principles level courses across a business curriculum
- Commitment to student-centered learning and working with a diverse student population
- Additional responsibilities include student academic advising, active professional development through scholarship, and service to the department and college
- Willingness to support the mission of the College and its liberal arts tradition.
- Teach seven undergraduate courses across the fall, winter, and four-week May term within the department curriculum
- Advise departmental majors and minors
- Engage in scholarship and service appropriate to the liberal arts setting
Curriculum vita, unofficial graduate transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy, contact information for three current references, and a letter of application describing your teaching, scholarship, and service experience/interests and how these will support the mission of Wartburg College, should be sent electronically to: HR@wartburg.edu. Wartburg College requires a criminal background check for position finalists. For specific inquiries contact Allan Bernard, Chair of Search Committee at (319) 352-8485 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Department webpage: http://www.wartburg.edu/business. Further information about the College and the city of Waverly may be found at http://www.wartburg.edu.