Lecturer - School of Nursing (Bridgeport Campus)
West Virginia University School of Nursing Bridgeport Department located at Bridgeport, WV invites applications for a Lecturer position in the Clinical Education, Non-Tenure Track. This is a part-time, 4.5-month, non-benefits eligible position. This position will report to the department chairperson.
- Didactic teaching in BSN programs. In addition to didactic or traditional classroom teaching, other formats of teaching, including skills lab, small group, and simulation teaching may be included.
- Course coordination, including but not limited to organizing course in learning platform, developing learning materials and assessments, providing feedback and grades, and entering mid-term and final grades.
- Teaching of learning labs may be expected depending on faculty expertise and program needs.
- Master's degree (MSN) in nursing and one year of professional nursing practice experience or bachelor's degree (BSN) with ten (10) years of professional nursing practice experience. Applicants with two years of teaching experience in nursing are encouraged to apply.
- Required to have unencumbered WV RN License by position start date.
- Required to have a valid US driver's license.
- Applicants with an earned doctorate in nursing or a related field are encouraged to apply.
- Evidence of current experience in teaching sufficient to demonstrate professional competence.
- Initial appointment requires: two years of professional nursing practice experience.
Preferred experience in:
- Mental Health and/or Psychiatric Nursing
Rank and salary commensurate with education, professional background, and experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Electronic submission of application with current vitae, and contact information for three professional references can be made at:
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU's academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.