Senior Program Coordinator, Online Programs, College of Public Health
Posting Number: req18364
Department: Public Health Administration
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
Address: Drachman Hall, 1295 N Martin Ave., Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
This position manages all aspects of the Online MPH academic administration including academic management of registration, class schedules, grade reporting, student progress and applied practice experience/internship. This position will ensure degree completion and other editorial and administrative duties related to student data management, course and quality improvement, admission and graduation rates, grade report, etc. The position will also support online admission, recruitment, and student engagement processes.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Advises and guides students from admission to
graduation for the online MPH degree program.
- Support Arizona Online (AZO) recruitment and enrollment efforts, i.e., answer student questions via email, phone calls, and conducts/supports information sessions.
- Communicate with the Grad College and AZO about status of newly admitted students.
- Advises and guides students from admission to
graduation for the online MPH degree program.
Newly Admitted Students:
- Schedule and facilitate new student orientation processes [e.g., individual welcome meetings to review all UA systems (e.g., UAccess, Hub, GradPath and D2L), program expectations, plan of study, assist with course registration]
- Provide updates, communication, and support for new students regarding obtaining textbooks, financial aid contacts, orientation completion status, starting classes.
- Create, update, and facilitate new student orientation, including offering and/or supporting synchronous events alone or in collaboration with main campus and Phoenix events, updating the D2L new student orientation course site and monitoring student completion
- Provide support throughout each milestone of the degree.
- Send weekly communication to all active students regarding program updates, info., events, etc.
- Maintain weekly advising drop-in hours and appointments with students.
- Advises students and maintains records of changes to plans of study.
- Assists students with and communicates about course enrollment, course add/drop, other kinds of withdrawals, GradPath petitions (e.g., Leave of Absences [LOAs]).
- Directs student concerns and complaints about courses to the online program director and manages communication with students on follow-up as needed.
- Manages the APR process: notifies students of due dates each semester, schedules and reviews each student's plan of study and program status before the APR submission and maintains records of submissions and responses.
- Assists students with, communicates about, and tracks completion of the interprofessional education requirement and capstone/ILE course.
- Assists students with, communicates about, and tracks completion of all stages of the APE process: enrollment in the APE information course on admission, enrollment in prep course the semester prior to starting, APE workshops, APE plan paperwork, APE completion (Evaluations, abstract submission, presentation, deliverables submission).
- Maintains student records and data regarding program status (e.g., LOAs, academic probation) and milestone progress.
- Advises students and sends their exceptions to policies and changes in concentration requests to the online director; tracks and communicates decisions.
- Identifies at-risk student behaviors (e.g., LOAs, course withdrawals, low grades, notification of academic probation), notifies students and the faculty mentor/online director; supports faculty mentor/program director in the implementation of responses and retention strategies.
- Responds quickly to inquiries from students, the online program director, and other stakeholders.
- Files student care reports with the university, relays concerns about students to the appropriate personnel (i.e., online program director, COPH Asst. Dean of Students).
- Assists students with, communicates about, and tracks completion of degree requirements, communicates graduation information to students, works with OSA and Grad College to assist student completion and graduate processes.
and collaborate with COPH and University faculty and staff and external
partners to support program operations and new initiatives.
- Meets weekly with the Director of Online programs to discuss program operations and student issues.
- Communicates and supports the MPH Online APE advisors.
- Responds to inquiries from faculty (e.g., class sizes, course materials/textbook info., course communication, student concerns, transfer credit requests, and mid-course evals.
- Act as a program liaison between online MPH students and the college divisions, Arizona Online, and the Graduate College.
- When needed: may help in admissions processes (e.g., manage SOPHAS
applications, support faculty reviews, SOPHAS communication), help train/onboard new
AZ Online ECs
Creates and updates program information
and student-facing course sites; creates and updates other program documentation
- Updates new student orientation site each session, enrolls students in the site.
- Manages and updates the Online MPH Program site as needed; enrolls students in the site.
- Updates the COPH HUB as needed.
- Updates new student welcome packet annually.
- Updates student records as needed in relevant college and University databases
- Collaborate with main campus and Phoenix admissions and recruitment staff to improve recruitment success.
- Help develop and support online program marketing and recruitment efforts.
- Coordinate with the online director, Office of Academic Affairs, Office of Student Affairs, and AZO to support new online concentration launch.
- Support online program director in research and
implementation of initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- MPH degree from CEPH-accredited program.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,039 - $66,299, annually, DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Student Services Admin
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Chris Cutshaw, Director, Online Programs | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.