Assistant Professor of Business Administration – Quantitative Emphasis
POSITION: Assistant Professor of Business Administration – Quantitative Emphasis
DEPARTMENT: Business Administration, Accounting & Economics
STARTING DATE: August 2024
TIMELINE: Screening of applications begins November 10th and continues until the position is filled.
- MBA or Master’s or related degree in closely aligned field, specializing in areas related to finance, management, and/or accounting.
- Evidence of successful college-level teaching and/or related professional experience.
- Broad-based ability to teach multiple courses across a business administration curriculum, such as Business Finance, Business Data Analytics, Principles of Accounting I and II, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, and Operations Management with opportunities to teach in the General Education program (exact course load will benegotiated and may include some teaching in other areas of business administration).
- Doctorate or ABD in closely related field, specializing in areas related to finance, accounting; related certifications and/or licenses consideredo Desire to build the business administration (Business Administration, Accounting, & Economics department),
- Willingness to work across traditional boundaries to effectively meet student and program needs
- Desire to teach courses within multiple areas of business administration.
- Commitment to student-centered learning and working with a diverse student population.
- Promise of potential for continued scholarly activity.
- Willingness to support the mission of the College and its liberal arts traditions.
- Teach seven undergraduate courses across the fall, winter, and four-week May term across thebusiness administration department curriculum and potentially courses in the general education curriculum as needed.
- Advise program majors.
- Engage in scholarship and service appropriate to the liberal arts setting.
SALARY: Competitive for entry-level appointment at similar institutions
CONTRACT: Tenure-track appointment, with nine-month teaching obligation OR *Professional in Residence appointment, with nine-month teaching obligation, renewable based on annual performance review and continuing institutional need, including showing ongoing ability to develop and grow the programs.
*position and contract type determined based on qualifications of applicant
Curriculum vita, unofficial graduate transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy, contact information for three current references, and a letter of application describing your teaching, scholarship, and service experience/interests and how these will support the mission of Wartburg College, should be sent electronically to: HR@wartburg.edu. Wartburg College requires a criminal background check for position finalists. For specific questions contact Allan Bernard, Chair of Search Committee, at email@example.com. Department webpages: http://www.wartburg.edu/business and http://www.wartburg.edu/engineering. Further information about the College and the city of Waverly may be found at http://www.wartburg.edu.