Associate Dean of Business, Health Sciences, and Homeland Security
POSITION DESCRIPTION: In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, the primary responsibility of the Associate Dean is to support the Dean in the oversight and management of the division by facilitating key functions aligned with the college mission and special initiatives. This includes processes such as effective communication; student, faculty, & staff recruitment; quality programming/instruction to support student learning and retention. On behalf of the Dean, this position provides direction for the faculty and staff within the division and collaborates with departments throughout the institution to meet our goals.
1. An earned Master's degree, preferably in a Health Science discipline, education, administration, or other closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
2. Postsecondary teaching experience.
3. A minimum of three years experience as an administrator, department chair, program coordinator, supervisor, teacher, or comparable experience in education, business or industry, with preference given to community college experience.
4. Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and quality improvement programs preferred.
5. Successful experience in staffing, evaluation and leadership.
6. Demonstrated experience with learning outcomes assessment systems.
7. Demonstrated experience with program-level review and/or accreditation preferred.
8. In career program divisions, at least one year (2,000 hours) of employment outside of education in an occupation other than teaching or counseling may also be required.
9. Must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to hire.
SALARY: Salary Grade 7 on the Administrative Pay Scale, ranging from $82,232 to $95,539 per year.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:Benefit availability and eligibility may vary from the summary listed below. Please visit www.swic.edu for more information.
· Eligibility for comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans beginning date of hire
· Retirement savings plan through State Universities Retirement System of Illinois and voluntary 403(b) and 457(b) savings plan
· Eligibility for paid leave including holidays, sick, and vacation
· Educational incentives including Reduced Tuition at Southwestern Illinois College and Tuition Reimbursement
· Employee Assistance Program, employee discounts, gym access, additional voluntary benefits and more!
WORK LOCATION: District-Wide
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This position will remain open until filled.
APPLICATIONS PROCEDURE: Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., unofficial transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted (official college transcripts must be provided at time of hire). Go to your My Job Applications page from the careers home page of your account.