Division: Human Resources
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Staff
Type: Regular Full-Time
New York Institute of Technology's six schools and colleges offer undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in in-demand disciplines including computer science, data science, and cybersecurity; biology, health professions, and medicine; architecture and design; engineering; IT and digital technologies; management; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education founded in 1955, it welcomes nearly 8,000 students worldwide.
The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world. More than 112,000 alumni are part of an engaged network of physicians, architects, scientists, engineers, business leaders, digital artists, and healthcare professionals. Together, the university's community of doers, makers, healers, and innovators empowers graduates to change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
Reporting to the Associate Director of HRIS & Compensation the HR Coordinator will support the HRIS team in all day-to-day activities within the Oracle EBS HR system. Over the next few years, New York Tech will be transitioning from the current Oracle EBS platform to a new cloud-based HCM system and this role will provide temporary support to the HRIS unit during that transition. This is a full-time, benefit eligible 2-year assignment with an anticipated end date of December 2025.
- Assist HRIS team with all aspects of Oracle HR processing. This includes data entry, system setup, new hires, terminations, change of status, wage increases, student contracts, and organization changes.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all employee records including student records.
- Collaborate with HRIS and IT team on various HRIS initiatives.
- Assist with maintenance of the HRIS system including troubleshooting issues, system setup and testing of all new HRIS application releases and Oracle database releases.
- Respond to all Department of Labor unemployment insurance inquires timely and accurately. Review monthly unemployment statements and quarterly bills.
- Respond to internal and external report requests and assist with institutional surveys.
- Review and prepare monthly HR new hire, separation and other various reports.
- Assist in testing all new HR reports.
- Track visa types and visa expirations in Oracle for employees on visas. Update employee records with visa recertifications.
- Enter requisitions and manage invoices. Monitor department budget to ensure appropriate lines are charged.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters preferred.
- 1-2 years of HR experience
- Knowledge of Human Resources is required.
- Experience with HRIS systems highly preferred (Specifically, Oracle)
- Ability to work independently
- Good understanding of the human resources function within an organization.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills - ability to develop unique documents, reports and spreadsheets using Microsoft Office or other reporting tools.
- Attention to detail and ability to present information clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments (Communications and Marketing, IT, etc.)
- *Position is temporarily remote but selected candidate must be willing and able to work on-site when requested/necessary.
New York Institute of Technology offers numerous opportunities to enhance personal and professional growth and provides employees with a competitive compensation and benefits program inclusive of generous paid time off, holidays, tuition remission, and retirement plans with employer contributions. New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In compliance with local legislation as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, the annual base salary range for this position is listed. New York Tech considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate experience/expertise, education/training, key skills, geographic location, internal peer equity as well as market, organizational considerations and/or applicable collective bargaining agreement when extending an offer.