Kent A. Clark Center for Global Markets Research Fellow
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Clark Center for Global Markets is seeking a highly accomplished, early career researcher interested in the area of market design as a Clark Center Research Fellow. The position begins during the summer of 2024 and will be either a one- or two-year term of employment. A Clark Center Fellow is expected to conduct original research of exceptionally high quality and to participate in and contribute to the academic environment at Chicago Booth. This position will solely focus on research and will not have any teaching requirements associated with it.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As an integral part of the economics and/or finance group at Chicago Booth, the Clark Center Research Fellow is free from teaching requirements, and is expected to pursue independent research in the field of market design, broadly defined.
- The specific area of study will reflect the research interests of the candidate.
- The candidate can organize academic conferences, host acclaimed scholars, and engage with the rich intellectual life of Chicago Booth.
- Disseminates work and interact with the research community through workshops, academic seminars, and conference talks.
- Engage in the intellectual environment of Chicago Booth through workshops, presentations, seminars, and collaboration with faculty and other researchers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Doctoral degree in Economics, Finance, or a related field by start date (July 1st, 2024) required.
- Demonstrated record of research achievement required.
- Prior experience preparing and presenting work at workshops or meetings required.
- Work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Advanced knowledge in relevant field of research required.
- Advanced knowledge of research techniques and/or methods required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover letter (required)
- Representative scholarly works (required)
- Two letters of recommendation (required)